Debit card update

Found 27th Jul
Following up to my recent question, I have received my debit card from Halifax. I thought the pin comes before the card
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
deleted79467
i have encountered cards being delivered first and also pin arriving first
i do not think it is too much of an issue
if you are worried maybe give halifax a call
hopefully pin will arrive soon
please keep us updated on this i have subscribed to this thread
Edited by: "deleted79467" 27th Jul
23 Comments
Card before pin usually
Not always depends on Royal Mail
deleted79467
i have encountered cards being delivered first and also pin arriving first
i do not think it is too much of an issue
if you are worried maybe give halifax a call
hopefully pin will arrive soon
please keep us updated on this i have subscribed to this thread
Nothing to do with royal mail, to do with the bank. They won't send both out at the same time because of the security risk. You can use a card without a pin but not a pin without a card so from a customer satisfaction point of view, makes more sense to send the card first
depends on the bank, seen them come on the same day
Pin usually first and then card. Idea is people are less likely to notice the pin as it looks like a normal letter and it’ll get through. That way if they steal the card then they don’t get the pin.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 27th Jul
You could always ring and ask them
deleted7946727th Jul

i have encountered cards being delivered first and also pin arriving …i have encountered cards being delivered first and also pin arriving first i do not think it is too much of an issueif you are worried maybe give halifax a call hopefully pin will arrive soonplease keep us updated on this i have subscribed to this thread

Thank you for the advice. I asked this question as thought pin always came first but perhaps not. Will probably come tomorrow or Monday. Will keep you updated
Purchases can be made contactless in the meantime if you're happy using this facility. Debit cards normally let you pay up to £30 on purchases.

And if you need cash, supermarkets can provide you with up to £50 cashback at their checkouts.
Edited by: "LemonHead" 27th Jul
LemonHead3 m ago

Purchases can be made contactless in the meantime if you're happy using …Purchases can be made contactless in the meantime if you're happy using this facility. Debit cards normally let you to pay up to £30 on purchases.And if you need cash, supermarkets can provide you with up to £50 cashback at their checkouts.

You can't get cashback without using chip and PIN, can you?
jamie01528 m ago

You can't get cashback without using chip and PIN, can you?

Yes, sorry, my mistake. If you want to use your debit card to withdraw cash as part of a purchase, you will be asked to make a standard Chip and PIN transaction.

You also need to make a normal chip and PIN payment before using the contactless facility on your card as well apparently. Just checked this just now as well.
Edited by: "LemonHead" 27th Jul
Fascinating story
davewave41 m ago

Fascinating story

I can't wait to be updated.
GregoryHouse39 m ago

I can't wait to be updated.

Which came first the card or the pin.
davewave9 m ago

Will the pin be delivered tomorrow or Monday? ohhhh, what....if.... it's delivered on Tuesdays (heaven forbid).
deleted79467
i think i am going to go for the pin arriving on monday but in situations like this anything can happen.
stay tuned after the break we will be going live to the front door where the royal mail are expected to make an appearance
davewave1 h, 14 m ago

The banker.
psychobitchfromhell8 h, 54 m ago

Nothing to do with royal mail, to do with the bank. They won't send both …Nothing to do with royal mail, to do with the bank. They won't send both out at the same time because of the security risk. You can use a card without a pin but not a pin without a card so from a customer satisfaction point of view, makes more sense to send the card first

I suppose so yes as you can use it online
Egg first
deleted79467
day 3 in the pin countdown and ppl are waiting for the postman to make his entrance
I just hope op changes his PIN number to something more original than his username
forget to mention yesterday that the pin arrived. Thank you to everyone for your help
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants