Decathlon Stilus bike (size L) back in stock for order on decathlon.co.uk (35units) - £2699.99 / £2724.98 delivered

Posted 26th Jun
Not a price deal, just a back in stock deal.

The decathlon Stilus full suspension ebike size L seems to be back in stock on decathlon.co.uk for delivery orders

There seems to be 35 units available (determined by viewing the page source).

You may need to wait till 11pm to order as decathlon are limiting the amount of cycle orders they take each day, and 11pm is when the reset the count.

The bike is based on the lombardo sempione frame, has rockshox 150mm front and rear travel and 500wh battery driving bosch's latest 2020 motor.

decathlon.co.uk/sti…tml
Community Updates
Top comments
Pulled the triggered on this one. Delivery 8th of July
29 Comments
EMTB include this bike in their best emountain bikes under £3000. here's the video... youtube.com/wat…xLU
For the spec that bike is a bargain even at full price, I just can't justify getting it at the moment.
Just buy a Scooter Yamaha Nmax at this money new 2020 model.

Can run with 8 quid a week.
No matter what temperature this gets to here, these won't be around for long.
Crikey, 600w for near £3k. My old £400 BBS02 motor even before its tuned is capable of 750w, and up to 1.2kw when programmed, BBSHD is another level completely. Another £500 for a 48v samsung 30q battery, or a good 52v one, leaves £1800 for a decent mountain bike.

Mines set at 1000w for durability and to stop chains from snapping.
Edited by: "MrKrabs" 26th Jun
Pulled the triggered on this one. Delivery 8th of July
gu2gan26/06/2020 15:44

Just buy a Scooter Yamaha Nmax at this money new 2020 model. Can run with …Just buy a Scooter Yamaha Nmax at this money new 2020 model. Can run with 8 quid a week.

Good luck taking that off road.
MrKrabs26/06/2020 15:54

Crikey, 600w for near £3k. My old £400 BBS02 motor even before its tuned i …Crikey, 600w for near £3k. My old £400 BBS02 motor even before its tuned is capable of 750w, and up to 1.2kw when programmed, BBSHD is another level completely. Another £500 for a 48v samsung 30q battery, or a good 52v one, leaves £1800 for a decent mountain bike.Mines set at 1000w for durability and to stop chains from snapping.

And completely illegal to use on public land, so if you wanted to use it you'd have to be prepared for the possible consequences.
The bike on a test run
gu2gan26/06/2020 15:44

Just buy a Scooter Yamaha Nmax at this money new 2020 model. Can run with …Just buy a Scooter Yamaha Nmax at this money new 2020 model. Can run with 8 quid a week.

41217924-dP4mI.jpgGood point money wise. I still can't make up my mind but you can't go off road on scooter.
czechmate8126/06/2020 19:22

[Image] Good point money wise. I still can't make up my mind but you can't …[Image] Good point money wise. I still can't make up my mind but you can't go off road on scooter.

Off road you go one day but those tyres will get punctured. The battery will be soon obsolete as phone batteries.
Not a good investment. Scooters are always a good value and are being sold with such a good price even after years.
Anyone to explain why this is not good deal?
Newest Bosch motor, front 150 rockshox, rear as well, telescopic seat post etc
gu2gan26/06/2020 20:37

Off road you go one day but those tyres will get punctured. The battery …Off road you go one day but those tyres will get punctured. The battery will be soon obsolete as phone batteries.Not a good investment. Scooters are always a good value and are being sold with such a good price even after years.

You going to ride down a dirt track on a scooter?
vostro26/06/2020 21:53

Anyone to explain why this is not good deal?Newest Bosch motor, front 150 …Anyone to explain why this is not good deal?Newest Bosch motor, front 150 rockshox, rear as well, telescopic seat post etc

How much would the bike be worth without the bosch motor and battery?
charliesback26/06/2020 18:12

The bike on a test run [Video]

4.03 on the video, it gets a quick edit, as it looks like he was heading to face plant the tree.
DRRINK26/06/2020 22:31

You going to ride down a dirt track on a scooter?

But just think of the investment - the residual value of that scooter you have taken over jumps and rocky drop offs in all weather will be astronomically good ( and apparently it’s tyres are puncture resistant).
Edited by: "effpee" 27th Jun
This is a Beast of a bike, I would buy it if o had the funds
vostro26/06/2020 21:53

Anyone to explain why this is not good deal?Newest Bosch motor, front 150 …Anyone to explain why this is not good deal?Newest Bosch motor, front 150 rockshox, rear as well, telescopic seat post etc

Because it's not a boat anchor for £99 reduced from a fake RRP. To be fair it is a lot of money, even for a nice bike.
gu2gan26/06/2020 20:37

Off road you go one day but those tyres will get punctured. The battery …Off road you go one day but those tyres will get punctured. The battery will be soon obsolete as phone batteries.Not a good investment. Scooters are always a good value and are being sold with such a good price even after years.

Yeah, you'll never be totally puncture free but modern bike tyres are pretty good.

You are however totally missing the point. A scooter is great for commuting, this is for riding on mountain bike trails. Apart from wheels and moving these are totally different products for totally different uses. You might as well go a on a kettle thread and tell someone that a saucepan was a better investment.
effpee27/06/2020 09:03

But just think of the investment - the residual value of that scooter you …But just think of the investment - the residual value of that scooter you have taken over jumps and rocky drop offs in all weather will be astronomically good ( and apparently it’s tyres are puncture resistant).

Funny enough when I was a kid me and my friends put to for a jo90 to rip up the fields cost us about 50£, didn’t last long
charliesback26/06/2020 15:38

EMTB include this bike in their best emountain bikes under £3000. here's …EMTB include this bike in their best emountain bikes under £3000. here's the video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7UPL0pCxLU

They did pretty much lost every e-mtb under £3k though
n3jly27/06/2020 17:13

They did pretty much lost every e-mtb under £3k though

I'll let em know
Most of the negative reviews on the Decathlon site are from people annoyed that they can't buy the bike, there is one about seized forks but generally very positive reviews. As ever though ebikes can have problems especially mid-mount motors and especially Bosch so a better option for people close to Decathlon stores. Also worth checking the cost of service items and typical repair costs so you are informed about ongoing costs. Chains will need frequent replacement etc. The internals do look stronger than the previous model but time will tell and repair costs after the 2 year warranty can be very high and if the bike has been used off-road the warranty may be void.
XL now in stock.
MrKrabs26/06/2020 23:10

How much would the bike be worth without the bosch motor and battery?

Apologies for late reply, I'm on holiday. For some reason bikes are quite expensive, here you have example of bike without motor and battery bit with similar front and back schock

chainreactioncycles.com/mob…BwE

Nearly £3000

Here you have Bosch motor, standard battery (cheaper to replace) proper front and back schock. The only difference between well know brand such as cube, Trek, specialized, is only frame, rest of bike is the same. Cube, Trek, specialized doesn't make own motor.

So buying this one you just simply pay less advertising cost of well known brands
41389252-ct0BT.jpgActually it has 160 front shock, not 150 as advertised
I live in NZ where I can't get this, but considering they are using generic parts, can anyone recommend where I could start to looks to buy them and assemble it myself?
shure216/08/2020 18:22

I live in NZ where I can't get this, but considering they are using …I live in NZ where I can't get this, but considering they are using generic parts, can anyone recommend where I could start to looks to buy them and assemble it myself?

I don't think that is going to happen. This is a mid-drive ebike so has a frame designed around the motor building up a ebike by parts is more for hub motor bikes or mid-drive motors that fit a standard bottom bracket like many Bafang motors. That is the big issue with Bosch ebikes, once the motor fails and is beyond economic repair the frame is pretty much scrap. It is a disposable bike. You basically take off what components you can like the wheels, saddle etc but much of it is pretty much valueless. I've not seen Bosch compatible frames sold separately and doesn't the mounting vary by motor? If you want to beat this price then perhaps something like a Calibre Bossnut with a Bafang mid-drive conversion or whatever is available in NZ like a Bossnut. Here in the UK you might save around £1000 going that route.
Post a comment
@
    Text