Decent and inexpensive wireless charger?

Edited by:"JusticeForThe96"Found 14th Nov 2017
Hi everyone, i've recently purchased the iPhone X and, being the first chance i've had to charge wirelessly, I don't really know what to go for.

I see lots of them on Amazon, my preferred choice, but they're all so similar.

I'd like to spend around £20-30, just hoping to get the best one within that price range, and I would rather a flat one.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Especially in the event you have the iPhone X and it's glass back that everyone loves

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
27 Comments

I've been using this with my iPhone 8+:
amazon.co.uk/gp/…3Z9

The light on it only stays on for a few seconds, works with my case (a basic but functional one) and uses micro USB but I don't need quick charging (don't know if that's an issue for you).

Original Poster

tech34751 m ago

I've been using this with my iPhone …I've been using this with my iPhone 8+:https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0731DB3Z9The light on it only stays on for a few seconds, works with my case (a basic but functional one) and uses micro USB but I don't need quick charging (don't know if that's an issue for you).

All sounds perfect mate but I was hoping for a flat one, so that it sits on the bedside table.

Fast charging isn't important, it will be sat on whatever wireless charger I end up buying overnight, so don't mind it taking a little while.

The ankers ones are suppose to be good think it about £18 on amazon

I bought a Belkin one from Halfords for around £25 for my 8+ and it works. It doesn't do fast charging, but as I stick it on there overnight I don't really mind about that

Just go for the most expensive one, like you did your phone ;). Welcome to 2010 and the world of wireless charging lol.

Original Poster

.MUFC.2 h, 31 m ago

Just go for the most expensive one, like you did your phone ;). Welcome to …Just go for the most expensive one, like you did your phone ;). Welcome to 2010 and the world of wireless charging lol.

What grown man says "lol"?!

Especially when your sad comment didn't even warrant a laugh. Your comment is a boring as your team's manager's bus.

Original Poster

andynicol12 h, 16 m ago

All seem to be out of stock just …All seem to be out of stock just now....https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KJL4XNY/ref=sr_1_10?camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B01KJL4XNY&ie=UTF8&linkCode=as2&sr=1-10&tag=ianker-21https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N06CHQ0/ref=sr_1_10?camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B01N06CHQ0&ie=UTF8&linkCode=as2&sr=1-10&tag=ianker-21https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B010SS8424/ref=sr_1_10?camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B010SS8424&ie=UTF8&linkCode=as2&sr=1-10&tag=ianker-21

Do you have any of these? Could you recommend which one you think is best?

Original Poster

AndyWalker8512 h, 49 m ago

The ankers ones are suppose to be good think it about £18 on amazon

I'll give it a look mate, cheers

Original Poster

Cakeboy794 h, 4 m ago

I bought a Belkin one from Halfords for around £25 for my 8+ and it works. …I bought a Belkin one from Halfords for around £25 for my 8+ and it works. It doesn't do fast charging, but as I stick it on there overnight I don't really mind about that

Do you have a link mate?

JusticeForThe9610 m ago

What grown man says "lol"?!Especially when your sad comment didn't even …What grown man says "lol"?!Especially when your sad comment didn't even warrant a laugh. Your comment is a boring as your team's manager's bus.

Lighten up, I can understand your bitterness though. How many ships have docked in Liverpool again?.

Original Poster

.MUFC.2 m ago

Lighten up, I can understand your bitterness though. How many ships have …Lighten up, I can understand your bitterness though. How many ships have docked in Liverpool again?.

Way more than buses parked at Anfield, when your mob come crawling. You must be embarrassed, if you're an actual Manc. Which is a rarity to be fair.

JusticeForThe9616 m ago

Way more than buses parked at Anfield, when your mob come crawling. You …Way more than buses parked at Anfield, when your mob come crawling. You must be embarrassed, if you're an actual Manc. Which is a rarity to be fair.

Can't say I was impressed no, Bet I've been Old Trafford more than you've been slumfield. ;).

Original Poster

.MUFC.14 m ago

Can't say I was impressed no, Bet I've been Old Trafford more than you've …Can't say I was impressed no, Bet I've been Old Trafford more than you've been slumfield. ;).

I was a season ticket holder for 8 years living 10 minute walk from the stadium, now live in Glasgow and attend around 8 games per season, so potentially.

Not a cheap hobby, as you'll probably know. Trains from London aren't cheap these days for United fans to get to home games.

PS "Slumfield" moron
Edited by: "JusticeForThe96" 15th Nov 2017

JusticeForThe966 m ago

I was a season ticket holder for 8 years living 10 minute walk from the …I was a season ticket holder for 8 years living 10 minute walk from the stadium, now live in Glasgow and attend around 8 games per season, so potentially.Not a cheap hobby, as you'll probably know. Trains from London aren't cheap these days for United fans to get to home games.PS "Slumfield" moron

I'm not that far from Old Trafford, ;).

Original Poster

.MUFC.1 m ago

I'm not that far from Old Trafford, ;).

And you called Anfield "Slumfield"

JusticeForThe966 m ago

And you called Anfield "Slumfield"

My estate isn't all boarded up, ;).

Original Poster

.MUFC.1 m ago

My estate isn't all boarded up, ;).

We board up our squalor, evidently the people of Salford do not.

Take care buddy. Hope the Glazers pull the plug and you end up bust

JusticeForThe963 m ago

We board up our squalor, evidently the people of Salford do not.Take care …We board up our squalor, evidently the people of Salford do not.Take care buddy. Hope the Glazers pull the plug and you end up bust

No hard feelings, you too. Serious note Anker have a good rep in general for cables and charges.

JusticeForThe962 h, 12 m ago

Do you have a link mate?

halfords.com/tec…pad

Not the cheapest, but I’d rather buy a decent one for my phone than a cheapo one off eBay or similar. It might be cheaper on Amazon - I had some Love2shop vouchers which is why I went to Halfords

Original Poster

.MUFC.2 h, 6 m ago

No hard feelings, you too. Serious note Anker have a good rep in general …No hard feelings, you too. Serious note Anker have a good rep in general for cables and charges.

Cheers

Cakeboy7955 m ago

http://www.halfords.com/technology/mobile-phone-accessories/universal-charging/belkin-qi-wireless-charging-padNot the cheapest, but I’d rather buy a decent one for my phone than a cheapo one off eBay or similar. It might be cheaper on Amazon - I had some Love2shop vouchers which is why I went to Halfords

That's actually a fiver cheaper than Amazon! I think I have a winner, thank you!

andynicol31 m ago

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KJL4XNY/ref=sr_1_10?camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B01KJL4XNY&ie=UTF8&linkCode=as2&sr=1-10&tag=ho01f-21This is the one I have, works as it should.

Like you said, unavailable, and my concern on that one is the plastic top finish meaning my phone (glass backed) would slip.

Original Poster

Cakeboy792 h, 3 m ago

http://www.halfords.com/technology/mobile-phone-accessories/universal-charging/belkin-qi-wireless-charging-padNot the cheapest, but I’d rather buy a decent one for my phone than a cheapo one off eBay or similar. It might be cheaper on Amazon - I had some Love2shop vouchers which is why I went to Halfords

Reserved for collection at my local Halfords.

Cheers mate!

JusticeForThe961 h, 51 m ago

CheersThat's actually a fiver cheaper than Amazon! I think I have a …CheersThat's actually a fiver cheaper than Amazon! I think I have a winner, thank you!Like you said, unavailable, and my concern on that one is the plastic top finish meaning my phone (glass backed) would slip.

Halfords 5w Anker charger is £25 whereas the Amazon 10w Anker one I recommended was £18.99..?

I'd wait until 27/11/17 for the 10w Amazon one personally as the Halfords one is only 5w.

Original Poster

andynicol1 m ago

Halfords 5w Anker charger is £25 whereas the Amazon 10w Anker one I …Halfords 5w Anker charger is £25 whereas the Amazon 10w Anker one I recommended was £18.99..?I'd wait until 27/11/17 for the 10w Amazon one personally as the Halfords one is only 5w.

The problem with your suggestion is the material mate, and my phone having a glass back. It would slip off a lot, wouldn't you agree?

The wattage isn't the priority, it will be used overnight anyway so time of charge wont matter.

JusticeForThe962 h, 48 m ago

The problem with your suggestion is the material mate, and my phone having …The problem with your suggestion is the material mate, and my phone having a glass back. It would slip off a lot, wouldn't you agree?The wattage isn't the priority, it will be used overnight anyway so time of charge wont matter.

Your money, your choice.

A lot of movement in the bedroom during the night that might cause it to slip off obviously.....

Original Poster

Cakeboy7922 h, 17 m ago

What a hassle that was!

Halfords reserved the item for me and I get a call today to say they've made a mistake, they don't have one.

Found it on Currys who offer a price match against 50 companies, Halfords being number 40. Showed the telephone call handler at Currys the link, 25 minutes later speaking to his manager I evenutally got it price matched and free next day delivery, coming tomorrow.

Hopefully it's decent after all that! haha
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants