Groups

Decent Camera phone not too pricey?

I went from S4 to a A3. Love the phone neat and light. Love everything about it baring the camera. Even decent radio. I love taking pictures and can see the quality difference alot.

Will need look to a S6 or S7 for good camera? Didn't want spend loads. If could get good deal on Sony Compact that be great.

Any ideas?

16 Comments

Z3 or Z5 compact take great photos and are reasonably priced, especially second hand.

LG G4 takes great pics, and in low light too.

Robj1

Z3 or Z5 compact take great photos and are reasonably priced, especially … Z3 or Z5 compact take great photos and are reasonably priced, especially second hand.

​The z3 and z5 compacts biggest complaint is battery life,
    Op I have the s7 edge and the camera is the best I have seen on any phone it auto focuses so quick you don't see it happen , but very expensive though

westy125

​The z3 and z5 compacts biggest complaint is battery life, Op I have the s … ​The z3 and z5 compacts biggest complaint is battery life, Op I have the s7 edge and the camera is the best I have seen on any phone it auto focuses so quick you don't see it happen , but very expensive though

Completely wrong. Z3c and Z5c have 1-2 days battery life. Your looking at the spec sheet and seeing 2600-2700 mAh which is perfectly acceptable on a 4.6'' HD screen. Everybody knows that the biggest plus point for the Z3c and Z5c is it's battery life.
    The best camera on a phone right now is on both the S7 devices.
    Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 21st Aug 2016

?? Just commenting on what I read on an android forum, others reviews who actually own it and not looking at a simple tech sheet

westy125

?? Just commenting on what I read on an android forum, others reviews … ?? Just commenting on what I read on an android forum, others reviews who actually own it and not looking at a simple tech sheet

I've owned the Z3c and so have many people on here. You hear the words excellent, great and superb when it comes to the battery life. You can cane the phone all day long and at the end of the day you still have 30% battery left.
    The Xperia Z line is renowned for it battery life.

RiverDragon8

Completely wrong. Z3c and Z5c have 1-2 days battery life. Your looking at … Completely wrong. Z3c and Z5c have 1-2 days battery life. Your looking at the spec sheet and seeing 2600-2700 mAh which is perfectly acceptable on a 4.6'' HD screen. Everybody knows that the biggest plus point for the Z3c and Z5c is it's battery life. The best camera on a phone right now is on both the S7 devices.

I've just sold my z5c because I found the battery life to be awful and it suffered from awful overheating issues causing some apps to malfunction, including the camera. I couldn't take photos during my holiday to Cyprus this year because the phone let me down.

I've switched to an iPhone 6 and I like the camera on that. Although I know that so many people are anti iPhone. I had a Galaxy Note 3 before the z5c and that had a good camera.

ladyshona

I've just sold my z5c because I found the battery life to be awful and it … I've just sold my z5c because I found the battery life to be awful and it suffered from awful overheating issues causing some apps to malfunction, including the camera. I couldn't take photos during my holiday to Cyprus this year because the phone let me down.I've switched to an iPhone 6 and I like the camera on that. Although I know that so many people are anti iPhone. I had a Galaxy Note 3 before the z5c and that had a good camera.

I personally never had any issue with the battery life on my Z3c. The overheating issue is 'normal' for Xperia line because of the glass back.

RiverDragon8

I personally never had any issue with the battery life on my Z3c. The … I personally never had any issue with the battery life on my Z3c. The overheating issue is 'normal' for Xperia line because of the glass back.

It would have been a great phone if it wasn't for the overheating issue. The photos are sharp but that's no good if the app has to shut down.

ladyshona

It would have been a great phone if it wasn't for the overheating issue. … It would have been a great phone if it wasn't for the overheating issue. The photos are sharp but that's no good if the app has to shut down.

Did you try other camera app's from the playstore? Best one's I've used are Camera FV-5 (paid), DSLR Camera (paid) and Camera Zoom (paid).

RiverDragon8

Did you try other camera app's from the playstore?

No I swapped it for the iPhone because I also found the swap from the Note 3 to Z5c too much due to the large size difference. I thought that I wanted that but it wasn't right for me.

ladyshona

No I swapped it for the iPhone because I also found the swap from the … No I swapped it for the iPhone because I also found the swap from the Note 3 to Z5c too much due to the large size difference. I thought that I wanted that but it wasn't right for me.

iPhone 6 is uber smooth when taking videos or pictures. I was out in a restaurant and had to film and take pictures of the whole table, very impressive.

RiverDragon8

iPhone 6 is uber smooth when taking videos or pictures.

Yes I agree. I'm enjoying the change. I've never had an iPhone before this one

ladyshona

Yes I agree. I'm enjoying the change. I've never had an iPhone before … Yes I agree. I'm enjoying the change. I've never had an iPhone before this one

Last iPhone I had was the iPhone 4. After that been with Android because of the battery life plus pure Android experience with the Nexus 4 & 5. I would only go back to Apple if they dropped their prices and included a SD slot (Which is never going to happen).

RiverDragon8

Last iPhone I had was the iPhone 4. After that been with Android because … Last iPhone I had was the iPhone 4. After that been with Android because of the battery life plus pure Android experience with the Nexus 4 & 5. I would only go back to Apple if they dropped their prices and included a SD slot (Which is never going to happen).

I got a good deal on this site for a refurb about a month ago. That made me finally bite. I just upload my photos and stream my music so the memory isn't an issue for me.

Original Poster

Will the Sony Xperia E5 Or xa be worth buying? Wish got the Compact Z3 when was on offer before now!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any good Sky TV deals on at moment?11
      2. Why do people scam on Gumtree?68
      3. is it still possible/easy to add the playstore to a new kindle fire 811
      4. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private66

See more discussions