Groups

Decent compact digital cameras for me to consider??

hi im trying to work out what digitial cameras to consider as im heading on holiday soon, i would like something with a wide angle lens sumthing around 28mm and a fairly decent optical zoom, around 8x or more,

im just after what will produce the sharpest best pictures for the money and wouldnt mind a few features to play with, dont really wanna spend over £100 and i can be pretty vigilant about buying over the next couple of weeks as im not in any real rush

i want sumthing with the higher quality sensors from each manufacturer, like a fuji with an EXR, or a sony with an Exmor, think panasonic is a CCD dont really know what nikon or such like call theres... nice having the top compact glass in there too...

this is the list of things i am considering atm, Panasonic TZ7 & TZ8, Fuji F300EXR, Sony wx1 is quite nice can get it for £149 from work but only 5x zoom.. Casio Exilim H10 is only £99 at best buy..

think i missed the f300exr at 99 from best buy earlier in the year..

id quite like a large LCD on the back too 2.7 or 3" but then thats me being over fussy lol

what cameras around this mark should i be considering?

15 Comments

There was a 25mm one a short while ago , dunno if anyone can find it (prob expired now)

Original Poster

fits the criteria but jsut scares me its a samsung... cheers though joey im gonna look into it

I only dislike Samsung tv's their mobiles are brill and cameras I'm not sure about, glad to assist.

Original Poster

quite well reviewed really, but i dunno if it will help me get over my prejudice, it looks cheap but seems to do a good job, will bear in mind i jsut wanna be able to afford the tz18 really lol

The DMC-FS30, obviously not as good as the TZ8 but in your price range.

play.com/Ele…518
    Edited by: "mKc88" 8th Apr 2011

Try this one, has great reviews all over the net. It is expensive but I think its best to have a great camera instead of a rubbish one which takes rubbish pictures amazon.co.uk/gp/…8-4

Sorry I just read the description lol if you want zoom, try the Samsung wb from Argos, has a lot of zoom and think its like £120

how about the fuji f80exr? 10x optical, 27mm, 3.0 screen.
    a refurb one from fuji costs £93.49 using code P10FEB15 . they come good as new with full 12 month fuji warranty.
    i bought the f70exr from there and cannot fault it
    secure.fujifilm.co.uk/sho…exr

Original Poster

hermanjelmet

how about the fuji f80exr? 10x optical, 27mm, 3.0 screen.a refurb one … how about the fuji f80exr? 10x optical, 27mm, 3.0 screen.a refurb one from fuji costs £93.49 using code P10FEB15 . they come good as new with full 12 month fuji warranty.i bought the f70exr from there and cannot fault ithttps://secure.fujifilm.co.uk/shop/consumer/digital/digital-cameras/advanced-compact/finepix-f80exr

yeah i was really contemplating this, was also where i was checking out the 300exr.. just annoyed me when i read the f80 was worse than the f70 on a review lol

Original Poster

mKc88

The DMC-FS30, obviously not as good as the TZ8 but in your price … The DMC-FS30, obviously not as good as the TZ8 but in your price range.http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/13461518/Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-FS30-14-1-Megapixel-8x-Optical-Zoom-2-7-inch-LCD-Digital-Camera-Silver/Product.html?_%24ja=tsid:11518%7Ccat:13461518%7Cprd:13461518

can get a tz8 for £130 refurb.. would i not be better off looking for tz7 instead of dmc-fs30?

Original Poster

Hazza306

Try this one, has great reviews all over the net. It is expensive but I … Try this one, has great reviews all over the net. It is expensive but I think its best to have a great camera instead of a rubbish one which takes rubbish pictures[url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2Fgp%2Faw%2Fd%2FB00336EOHS%2Fref%3Dmp_s_a_4%3Fqid%3D1302312137%26sr%3D8-4]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00336EOHS/ref=mp_s_a_4?qid=1302312137&sr=8-4[/url]

is this the Sony-TX7? lol i work in a sony centre so i found this fairly amusing, its a good camera to be fair

Original Poster

see my personal favurite atm looks wiose has to be the nikon S8000, but it just gets such trashy reviews lol yet it still tempts me

hmm nikon s6000 could be a nice compromise, 28mm wide angle, 7x zoom...

Original Poster

man tz7 just seems to win pants down.. might jsut jump on this older model

Original Poster

just bought a casio h10 for £67
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …285998
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523461
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416814130
      4. What is there free to do in your town?611

See more discussions