Groups
    EXPIRED

Decent DVD Player

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a couple of decent multi-region DVD players as Christmas presents. Probably looking at about £50 each but I'm flexible if there is a particularly decent deal going just now.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Billy

6 Comments

One of the best players on the market imo, is the Phillips DVP5960.

I think it is about £50 in Argos - so you would get your £5 voucher off the first one you could use against the second...?

It can be made easily multi region (sure threads on here have it in) it plays any divx you put in it via usb or disc and is 1080i up-scaling via HDMI cable.

Only downside is the remote is not great.

Hope this helps.

Original Poster

Cheers.

Much appreciated.

id3als

One of the best players on the market imo, is the Phillips DVP5960.I … One of the best players on the market imo, is the Phillips DVP5960.I think it is about £50 in Argos - so you would get your £5 voucher off the first one you could use against the second...?It can be made easily multi region (sure threads on here have it in) it plays any divx you put in it via usb or disc and is 1080i up-scaling via HDMI cable.Only downside is the remote is not great.Hope this helps.

Excellent choice! I got one of these last week and they where (£39.99) they then dropped to (£38.00) So after reading a post on here I claimed my £1.99 back:giggle:
    I just checked amazon again and they have put them up to (£45.99) Here:amazon.co.uk/Phi…8-1

These are still worth the money:-D Great functionality, DivX, USB, and plays all the rest!
    Enjoy!

£39.99 dixons £4.95 delivery

don't know about this one, looks good with specs and reviews, also on ebay, so might be a bit of a gamble, maybe better sticking to the known brand Region 2 (Hack available for region free in listing)
    DivX/MPEG4 compatible MPEG4 DivX
    Compatible Media DVD video, Nero Digital (asp profile), HDCD, dual-layer DVD, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, VCD, CD audio, CD-R/RW, MP3, JPEG, WMA, OGG Vorbis, AAC
    Integrated Audio Decoder Dolby Digital, DTS
    Video Out HDMI out
    Composite video out (cinch)
    S-video out
    YUV video out Component
    Scart connector
    Audio Out Optical out
    Coaxial out
    Stereo out
    5.1 Decoder out
    Scart Adapter Yes
    Included Accessories Remote, batteries, A/V cables
    Manual yes
    Other Frontal USB port
    Frontal SD / MMC / Memory Stick memory card reader
    576p Progressive Scan
    Upscaler 576i/p, 720i/p, 1080i
    parental control
    CD Ripping Function To MP3
    sorry can't get link to work- ebay -consumer electronics-dvd players-hdmi-1st page.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In11
      2. SCS add ons... are they worth it??48
      3. Finally got a Xbox one s44
      4. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!1011
      5. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid11

See more discussions