Decent Good Value Projector

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a decent Projector that isn't really expensive. I bought a relatively cheap (less than £100) one from ebay 3500 lumens, but it turned out to be 100 lumens! I would prefer a non ebay site. Ideally i would like 2, one that i can travel with, and one that would stay at home.

1. £500 or cheaper if possible. New. 4k or at least 1080
2. £200 max but ideally cheaper (as i'm prone to losing things). New. Compact as i need to travel with it.

Any recommendations on what people already have and are happy with.

Thanks.

9 Comments

What's your definition of "a decent projector that isn't really expensive?" - For me that would be about £300 second hand, going into £600 brand new.

agreed ipswich78 it also depends on resolution for films or games you need 1080p i would budget around 600-800 from ebuyer or similar ebay is a waste of time amazon outlet sometimes has this gear cheap

Original Poster

Yes good point, for a 4k, or at least 1080p new projector £500 or cheaper if possible.
for the oen that i can carry a couple of hundred max, ideally less as i'm prone to losing things. Ideas?
Edited by: "moomoomeemee" 16th Dec 2016

The optima 141x is £450 on amazon I think and amazing quality. I got in in November and absolutely love it. Picture is 1080p and amazing quality

Original Poster

monkeys uncle

The optima 141x is £450 on amazon I think and amazing quality. I got in … The optima 141x is £450 on amazon I think and amazing quality. I got in in November and absolutely love it. Picture is 1080p and amazing quality

Thanks will check it out.

Going to state the obvious just so you aren't disappointed later: make sure you are checking the projector's *native* resolution. So many sellers give supported inputs but that makes no difference.

Also, you won't find a 4k projector for under £500 (if you do, buy one for me!).

Optoma HD141X, £399.99 on eBuyer

Original Poster

kdk

Going to state the obvious just so you aren't disappointed later: make … Going to state the obvious just so you aren't disappointed later: make sure you are checking the projector's *native* resolution. So many sellers give supported inputs but that makes no difference.Also, you won't find a 4k projector for under £500 (if you do, buy one for me!).

I had only looked at the 1080p projectors. Didn't realise the prices for 4k were 10k plus oO.
Good advice though thanks.

Original Poster

Sandy1012

Optoma HD141X, £399.99 on eBuyer

Good price and lots of good reviews. thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Nintendo Switch Game Cases23
    2. Any good Xbox One Kinect Games for kids?55
    3. Where can you buy cheap Iphone 7 Plus 128gb from?33