Groups

Decent hotel in Brum?

Need two nights this weekend in brum for a mates wedding and for me to hit the jewellery quarter to buy weddings rings for my own wedding.

Need somewhere decent in easy reach of the town centre.
    Not the nite nite hotel as that was like a prison cell with a 40" plasma as my only "window" was hooked to a rooftop webcam, very odd nor travlodge/premier inn etc

Any suggestions?

9 Comments

Banned

Holiday inn on the M5 J2 is a nice place

Hi

Depends on your prioritys really,

Raddison SAS is nice, (and expensive) Especially the suites!

Theres a brand new Ramada Encore on Holloway Head (been open about 4 weeks),

Malmasion in the Mailbox - rooms are ok but it feels pretty "ordinary" for the price tag - depends if your inpressed by dark brown wood and leather sleigh beds or not,

The Holiday inn is VILE, Mega tiny rooms and expensive, its having a re-fit at the moment but dont see how it'll help

Etap on Bristol st is small plain and clean rooms - but its also dirt cheap,

Jurys inn on broad street is the better of the "Corperate visitor" hotels but nothing spectacular

The travellodges are the same as every other travellodge

If you've got somewhere in mind let me know and I'll try and give (or get you) a review!

Cheers
    Mark

Original Poster

Cheers UkSkl, thats really helpful, and I know exactly what you mean with the Malmaisons and the Holiday Inn was never on my list.

Its a toss up between the Raddison or Staying Cool at the Rotunda (5*) have you stayed there? it does seem to have some decent reviews on laterooms.

PS Rep given

Hi DKLS,

Rotunda - its a 1960 office block with a slightly sloping floor stuck between a busy noisy shopping centre and new street station,

If you plan to drink any alcohol - you'll also end up bouncing off the walls (literally) because the walk around the central core (where the lifts are) is extremely tight circle,

I've not stayed there - but I did work in the building at one point and I've seen some of the appartments since the re-fit and to me it still feels like the office block it is, and the issues with noise would really consern me - as would parking!

If you do stay there I'd be interested to hear your feedback on it so I can pass it on,

Cheers

Mark

The hyatt is nice on broad steet

The City Inn is a nice place to stop - walking distance from Broad Street, and surrounded by lots of swanky places to eat and drink. Rooms are good too - Apple iMac in each room, providing the TV and computer services (free internet) Decent breakfast too

4lyons09;6131188

The hyatt is nice on broad steet

Hyatt V expensive though :w00t:

bassman_uk;6131193

The City Inn is a nice place to stop - walking distance from Broad … The City Inn is a nice place to stop - walking distance from Broad Street, and surrounded by lots of swanky places to eat and drink. Rooms are good too - Apple iMac in each room, providing the TV and computer services (free internet) Decent breakfast too

I stayed there a fair few years ago now, was lovely, but no iMacs :x
    bassman_uk;6131195

Hyatt V expensive though :w00t:

Yea I agree, I didn't dare to touch the mini bar :-D

4lyons09;6131228

I stayed there a fair few years ago now, was lovely, but no iMacs :xI … I stayed there a fair few years ago now, was lovely, but no iMacs :xI stayed last year - got a good deal. 2nd nicest hotel I've stayed in lolYea I agree, I didn't dare to touch the mini bar :-D

Apart from the lobby, it is just an ordinary hotel, and thats why I struggle when I see the prices for it - much better off in the Travelodge opposite O'Neills IMO lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism814
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…88
      3. Help Me Find Bright Red Exterior Paint PLEASE11
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764319

See more discussions