Groups
    EXPIRED

Decent keyboard

Ok pass few weeks ive had this craving for piano and all ive got is a keyboard from when i was like 6 and from argos and its about 60cm wide so its causing me a lot of pain trying to use it -- so ive though what the hey and upgrade to a full size keyboard
    Dont want to spend more than £100 but i still want something decent that replicates a keyboard and not a toy piano like the one i have now

Any recommendations?

Daniel

3 Comments

Original Poster

wondering if this is any good just to start learning on ebuyer.com/pro…151

Banned

If your serious about wanting to play, your best bet is to push the budget out a bit more this way you won't feel you wasted your money in 6 months time with a cheap plasticy toy piano with low quality sounds.. I'm not saying necessarily going fully weighted with say Rolands top model RD-700GX.. but maybe look into a second hand model (ebay, sound on sound forums) by any company such as Roland, Yamaha, Casio..

Maybe look at the Casio Privia range.. if its "piano" you want to play then i wouldn't reccomend settling with anything less than semi-weighted keys (perhaps a yamaha DGX range keyboard?). Non-weighted keyboards are mainly used for solo/synth type stuff and you will find them lacking when trying to play piano music.

Hope this helps!

Original Poster

bilbobaggins;2738011

If your serious about wanting to play, your best bet is to push the … If your serious about wanting to play, your best bet is to push the budget out a bit more this way you won't feel you wasted your money in 6 months time with a cheap plasticy toy piano with low quality sounds.. I'm not saying necessarily going fully weighted with say Rolands top model RD-700GX.. but maybe look into a second hand model (ebay, sound on sound forums) by any company such as Roland, Yamaha, Casio..Maybe look at the Casio Privia range.. if its "piano" you want to play then i wouldn't reccomend settling with anything less than semi-weighted keys (perhaps a yamaha DGX range keyboard?). Non-weighted keyboards are mainly used for solo/synth type stuff and you will find them lacking when trying to play piano music.Hope this helps!

I wouldnt mind one of those ones with the lights where it tells you where to play but they are expensive
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmaticians2948
      2. Bearded chat613
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691426
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767494

See more discussions