Decent kids tablet

Posted 18th Sep
My kids, aged 4 and 7, have both had Amazon Fire Kids edition tablets and both have been put aside in favour of their dad's iPad due to app compatibility/greater choice. the Amazon tablets served their place, but they're limited functionality and frustrating hardware means they're now bottom of the toy box fodder!

I wondered if there was a tablet capable of running Android apps/ Google play whilst also being able to have some child controls (can you do this with android anyway?) If so, where should I be looking? I'd like to spend in the region of £60-120.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
We kept buying cheap Kindles and Android tablets until they settled on iPads. They've lasted 4 years now and wish we'd got them in the first place. We paid 180 each for them but spent more on a load of crap ones which just ended up slow or unusable. Just make sure you get a bumper case and screen protector on whatever you get.
Danze198418/09/2019 12:45

We kept buying cheap Kindles and Android tablets until they settled on …We kept buying cheap Kindles and Android tablets until they settled on iPads. They've lasted 4 years now and wish we'd got them in the first place. We paid 180 each for them but spent more on a load of crap ones which just ended up slow or unusable. Just make sure you get a bumper case and screen protector on whatever you get.

Probably good advice, though I'm sure the same applies to a more premium, update supported android tablet too.
Ipads all the way.
Sold a 6 year old mint condition ipad air to cex for £109.00.
Got a 2018 32gb wifi ipad from eglobal for £225.00 ish.
After topcashback and trade in it only cost me around £110.00 to upgrade.
They hold their money.

Posted by Mr Switch

hotukdeals.com/dea…900
Fire Kids tablets can run Google Play, you just have to sideload it. Save your money and just do that for free I did this for someone else so it definitely works.
Acer iconia has parental controls, so do Huawei tablets. I believe most android tablets do now. I personally use an iconia one 10". Nice big screen, light and sends quite durable (two year old, twin, granddaughters can attest to that)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants