Decent ladies bike

Posted 27th May
Looking for cheap bike offers anywhere
Community Updates
Introduce Yourself

Groups

16 Comments
Sorry to say it's a terrible time to want to buy. You'll really struggle to find anything in the low to mid range currently. I've read most bikes between £200 - £800 are on back order until August.

You're only real chance of getting something is the 2nd hand market. It seems there are government plans to give out 50 quid vouchers to help get old bikes back on the road. This could help at your local bike shop if you manage to find one.
Edited by: "mogsog" 27th May
mogsog27/05/2020 17:28

Sorry to say it's a terrible time to want to buy. You'll really struggle …Sorry to say it's a terrible time to want to buy. You'll really struggle to find anything in the low to mid range currently. I've read most bikes between £200 - £800 are on back order until August. You're only real chance of getting something is the 2nd hand market. It seems there are government plans to give out 50 quid vouchers to help get old bikes back on the road. This could help at your local bike shop if you manage to find one.

Thank you for you’re reply. I guess so lol especially so many wanting bikes now with lockdown still on. Trying to change up my exercise regime.
Cbear8127/05/2020 17:29

Thank you for you’re reply. I guess so lol especially so many wanting b …Thank you for you’re reply. I guess so lol especially so many wanting bikes now with lockdown still on. Trying to change up my exercise regime.

I don't want to dishearten you, it's great so many people want to start riding bikes again. My friend sold his for 50 quid last week a 2011 btwin. That gives you an idea of the sort of price you can expect to pay.

The good thing is if you do find a bike in your local area you'll at least be able to look it over and give it a test ride to see if it fits you.

That's a lot more than can you do at most bike shops these days.
Edited by: "mogsog" 27th May
Thanks for letting us know
mogsog27/05/2020 17:37

I don't want to dishearten you, it's great so many people want to start …I don't want to dishearten you, it's great so many people want to start riding bikes again. My friend sold his for 50 quid last week a 2011 btwin. That gives you an idea of the sort of price you can expect to pay. The good thing is if you do find a bike in your local area you'll at least be able to look it over and give it a test ride to see if it fits you.That's a lot more than can you do at most bike shops these days.

Maybe have a look around on Facebook pages for deals.
Get one with a good saddle or u will end up like me with a sore butt
You could try ebay might find a good bike hardly used, i did hear halfords are open today so can go there to browse bikes to
Scotland131427/05/2020 18:02

Get one with a good saddle or u will end up like me with a sore butt …Get one with a good saddle or u will end up like me with a sore butt

You sure it’s off the saddle haha jokes
mogsog27/05/2020 17:37

I don't want to dishearten you, it's great so many people want to start …I don't want to dishearten you, it's great so many people want to start riding bikes again. My friend sold his for 50 quid last week a 2011 btwin. That gives you an idea of the sort of price you can expect to pay. The good thing is if you do find a bike in your local area you'll at least be able to look it over and give it a test ride to see if it fits you.That's a lot more than can you do at most bike shops these days.

Good luck with trying to get a test ride honestly wouldn’t say in these times that’s likely, no harm in asking I suppose.
akchpmn27/05/2020 22:18

Good luck with trying to get a test ride honestly wouldn’t say in these t …Good luck with trying to get a test ride honestly wouldn’t say in these times that’s likely, no harm in asking I suppose.

Bring wipes and gel

I suppose you're right, if people are all after a bike the seller isn't going to be interested in accommodation of requests like test rides.
mogsog27/05/2020 17:28

It seems there are government plans to give out 50 quid vouchers to help …It seems there are government plans to give out 50 quid vouchers to help get old bikes back on the road.

Any more info on this. I'm scared to ride my bike in case the gears or brakes explode. I would really like them adjusted first by somebody who know what they're doing.
fablanta28/05/2020 13:54

Any more info on this. I'm scared to ride my bike in case the gears or …Any more info on this. I'm scared to ride my bike in case the gears or brakes explode. I would really like them adjusted first by somebody who know what they're doing.

cyclingweekly.com/new…484

road.cc/con…743

Looks like it's going to be next month. Very thin on the details at the moment.

If anybody else finds more info please post.
mogsog28/05/2020 16:22

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/half-a-million-50-bike-vouchers-uk-government-gives-further-details-on-coronavirus-cycling-investment-456484https://road.cc/content/news/government-issue-half-million-ps50-bike-repair-vouchers-273743Looks like it's going to be next month. Very thin on the details at the moment. If anybody else finds more info please post.

Aww I see lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants