Found 7th Dec 2016
Looking to buy a mini quadcopter or drone under £20.
Can anyone reccomend any?
Many Thanks

17 Comments

This keeps coming in and out of stock at well below retail price, a real bargain if you can get one!
hotukdeals.com/dea…590

Yep, just over the £20 mark - JJRC H31. Waterproof and you can crash it without severe damage. Parts and batteries are cheap too. It's not a mini, but not too big. See if it's suitable, do a google.
Edited by: "Sambat" 7th Dec 2016

Original Poster

BigDaveH

This keeps coming in and out of stock at well below retail price, a real … This keeps coming in and out of stock at well below retail price, a real bargain if you can get one!http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/back-stock-tesco-pricing-glitch-arcade-orbit-drone-selling-for-15-00-delivered-75-2568590

Sambat

Yep, just over the £20 mark - JJRC H31. Waterproof and you can crash it … Yep, just over the £20 mark - JJRC H31. Waterproof and you can crash it without severe damage. Parts and batteries are cheap too.Just do a google.

Looking for a min sized one, both of the ones you guys reccomend seem too big. Looking for one that can be flown in the house and bedroom.
Edited by: "Rid1" 7th Dec 2016

Original Poster

Sambat

Yep, just over the £20 mark - JJRC H31. Waterproof and you can crash it … Yep, just over the £20 mark - JJRC H31. Waterproof and you can crash it without severe damage. Parts and batteries are cheap too. It's not a mini, but not too big. See if it's suitable, do a google.

It is really cool though! Thanks for the reccomendation, do you have this? and if so do you fly it indoors?

Rid1

It is really cool though! Thanks for the reccomendation, do you have … It is really cool though! Thanks for the reccomendation, do you have this? and if so do you fly it indoors?

I have two, me and the lad mainly fly them outside. Great thing is you can use them outside in the winter, unlike most drones. You could use indoors but use the propeller guards to prevent damage to the drone and the room.

BigDaveH

This keeps coming in and out of stock at well below retail price, a real … This keeps coming in and out of stock at well below retail price, a real bargain if you can get one!http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/back-stock-tesco-pricing-glitch-arcade-orbit-drone-selling-for-15-00-delivered-75-2568590

Sambat

Yep, just over the £20 mark - JJRC H31. Waterproof and you can crash it … Yep, just over the £20 mark - JJRC H31. Waterproof and you can crash it without severe damage. Parts and batteries are cheap too.Just do a google.

I thought the JJRC might be too big....

If you want smaller look at a Hubsan.

Sambat

Yep, just over the £20 mark - JJRC H31. Waterproof and you can crash it … Yep, just over the £20 mark - JJRC H31. Waterproof and you can crash it without severe damage. Parts and batteries are cheap too. It's not a mini, but not too big. See if it's suitable, do a google.

I've just been looking at the h31 on Amazon and youtube, it looks superb. What sort of flight time do you get and do you recommend getting extra batteries and propellers?

That JJRC H31 looks great, can even add a 2mb camera to it for £12.

INDUSTRYHATER

I've just been looking at the h31 on Amazon and youtube, it looks superb. … I've just been looking at the h31 on Amazon and youtube, it looks superb. What sort of flight time do you get and do you recommend getting extra batteries and propellers?

Most drones in this budget range fly for about 12 mins on one charge, so extra batteries and definitely extra blades are a must. That said the H31 has good props, I haven't replaced one yet...it takes a whack really well so it's a good starter.
I think there's a video on YouTube where someone treads on the props and it still flies.
Be aware if you add extra weight ( camera ) flight time reduces slightly.
Edited by: "Sambat" 7th Dec 2016

Sambat

Most drones in this budget range fly for about 12 mins on one charge, so … Most drones in this budget range fly for about 12 mins on one charge, so extra batteries and definitely extra blades are a must. That said the H31 has good props, I haven't replaced one yet...it takes a whack really well so it's a good starter.I think there's a video on YouTube where someone treads on the props and it still flies.Be aware if you add extra weight ( camera ) flight time reduces slightly.

Thanks for the reply,

I'm going to order one from Amazon aswell.
To be honest I always presumed they were expensive, the H31 looks great value at £25ish.

Teezgaff

That JJRC H31 looks great, can even add a 2mb camera to it for £12.

Hi Teezgaff, where is the camera from?

If you want fantastic customer support I can't fault Revell. We've had their tiny nano quad copter all the way up to their full size drone with had camera. Brilliant for spares etc.

INDUSTRYHATER

Thanks for the reply,I'm going to order one from Amazon aswell. To be … Thanks for the reply,I'm going to order one from Amazon aswell. To be honest I always presumed they were expensive, the H31 looks great value at £25ish.

Last bit of advice, buy the white one - easier to find.

INDUSTRYHATER

Hi Teezgaff, where is the camera from?

Item no. 122255684938 on ebay was the 1 I saw (actually says 3mp in description)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition63687
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …11
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions