Found 26th Oct 2009
I've been throughly researching the web on which netbook to buy. I'm planning on getting one which I can resell at a later date without making a large loss. Therefore ideally it needs to be on special offer. I've seen the MSI one in argos. Checked laptops direct. They have some ASUS EEE PC's frm about £235.

The Spec needs to be at least 1GB RAM as I plan to run windows 7 on it.
Intel Atom N270 is fine.

PLease can I have some suggestions! Also please bare in mind i'm on a tight budget. However I do want the best value for money.

In one post one guy said he bought an acer aspre one for £162!
I wonder what spec that was, any ideas?

14 Comments

what about this ]http//ww…652

Msi wind they are a fantastic netbook and at £199 they are about the best buy for a netbook baring in mind that they where the same price as the samsung Nc10 and with Argos giving £10 off another purchase with Xmas coming that comes in at £190 and i doubt there will be anyone in the UK that doesn't buy at least 1 item from Argos for a loved one for Xmas. Did i mention the 2years warranty with MSI and at least with the MSI you have a company that are one of the big 5 motherboard and high end PC parts manufacturers in the world so there build is way better than Acer and Toshiba.

Banned

toshibacashback.com/

toshiba is doing a £50 cash back deal x

[FONT=Verdana]I suppose the key things are how large is your budget but also do you already have Windows 7 (if so which version).

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:
[/FONT]

Original Poster

I havent really set a budget in mind. I'm also going to be buying a laptop in addition to a net book. I would like a netbook with minimum 120gb hard drive, 1.3megapixel camera and built in bluetooth. If I was on a v.tight budget (I dont knw till ive bought my laptop). What is the cheapest notebook out there with 1GB RAM, i do not mind if it is used or refurbished. ANY IDEAS???

Regards

bilalbilal;6692633

I havent really set a budget in mind. I'm also going to be buying a … I havent really set a budget in mind. I'm also going to be buying a laptop in addition to a net book. I would like a netbook with minimum 120gb hard drive, 1.3megapixel camera and built in bluetooth. If I was on a v.tight budget (I dont knw till ive bought my laptop). What is the cheapest notebook out there with 1GB RAM, i do not mind if it is used or refurbished. ANY IDEAS???Regards

[FONT=Verdana]Mmm...I think your best bet would be to consider checking out the Dell UK Outlet and checking out the refurbished Dell Mini 10/10v Netbooks that are listed there but you will need to filter them & go through them carefully to find the right one (you can find ones with six cell batteries, N class wireless cards, etc).

Alternatively there are several deals already listed for Netbooks on HotUKDeals, with the cheapest live being the Acer Aspire One Netbook from eBuyer - for the life of me I can't remember the exact model (it's a 10" screen) but it was going for £199.99p the last time I looked at it.

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

Original Poster

I rather spen slightly more and get a decent EEE pc. Which is the chepeast any ideas?

bilalbilal;6693802

I rather spen slightly more and get a decent EEE pc. Which is the … I rather spen slightly more and get a decent EEE pc. Which is the chepeast any ideas?

[FONT=Verdana]Asus EeePC 1005HA Seashell 10-inch Netbook: Amazon.co.uk - £233.97p Including Free Delivery
amazon.co.uk/Asu…-40

Original Poster

What RAM does this EEE PC use. I want to add another 1GB after purchasing it. How much will this cost and what will be the cheapest price?

Also i'm a bit lost the "latest EEE PC on asus's website is the 1105HA. However it has a slower processor at 1.3GHZ. please clarify.

bilalbilal;6696271

What RAM does this EEE PC use. I want to add another 1GB after purchasing … What RAM does this EEE PC use. I want to add another 1GB after purchasing it. How much will this cost and what will be the cheapest price? Also i'm a bit lost the "latest EEE PC on asus's website is the 1105HA. However it has a slower processor at 1.3GHZ. please clarify.

[FONT=Verdana]Computer Memory Upgrades for ASUS Eee PC 1005HA Netbook
crucial.com/uk/…5HA

ASUS Eee PC™ Comparison List
event.asus.com/eee…htm

If I remember correctly the 1105HA has a slightly weaker CPU but is ramped up in power due to the addition of a higher end graphics card - I'll be honest it's not one I've looked at all but the comparison table should give you a better idea but also there are lots of reviews out there for you to check out as well.

dcx_badass;6697770

It was me who got the ASpire One for £163 from PC World, I'm happy with … It was me who got the ASpire One for £163 from PC World, I'm happy with it!

[FONT=Verdana]
Was that a recent deal or a previous one from earlier in the year? Just wanted to check in case it's one you might want to consider posting in as a deal thread (if it's still on the go).

Original Poster

Which model is it and what are the specs. Am I still able to get hold of one?

Original Poster

What model was this?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769298
    2. Coming up to bonfire night ...2131
    3. £6 Promo Credit with £30 Gift Card Purchase @ Amazon33
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604801

See more discussions