Posted 11th Jan 2023
Hiya,

One of my friends has just been stung with a £1200 repair bill on his Peugeot 308 hdi, so he's decided to get it fixed and get rid of it.

What competitive deals are around at the moment for a similar sided car? (Doing around 15000 miles a year)

Hopefully the 308 should be worth around £3k when fixed (119k on the clock with full FSH)

Would carwow be a good idea?

Many thanks in advance 😁
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    I’ve always found leasing cheaper than pcp although you don’t get the option to buy at the end of it with lease.

leasing com is worth a look as well as what car leasing site. I usually find a broker deal and then get a dealer to match it but it’s a lot more expensive than it was last year, took delivery of a new car last month £80 a month more then previous lease 
  2. Avatar
    I'm taking delivery of a lease car next week having given up on looking for a decent deal. Effectively renting and a total loss as far as the money is concerned, but with interest rates having gone up PCP deals are thin on the ground, the best you can hope for is a very generous dealer contribution to sweeten the deal. Leaseloco is good for comparisons and it handily gives you a PCP comparison. On the high spec fiesta that I have leased PCP would have been £100/m more. There are deals to be had, look up DefinitelyNotAGuru videos on Youtube.
  3. Avatar
    Have a look on leaseloco
  4. Avatar
    Author
    Thanks to all of you for the help. I've let my mate know. He's looking for somewhere to sell his current car first then he'll get nosing through everything
Top Merchants