Decent rechargable AAA batteries

Found 15th Nov 2017
I have the Xtar VC4 battery charger but i now need some new decent AAA batteries to go in it.

When i say decent i mean batteries that will last a fair while when it Scanner radio etc i think it's higher mAh the better but also like them to last a decent amount of time while they are stuck in the drawer doing nothing guess the word is discharge.

Any suggestion for make or model and also any links would be handy as well many thanks folks.

All1
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Unfortunately (as far as I'm aware) batteries of this size are either Ni-Cad or Ni-Mh in the 1.2 to 1.5v range, both these battery chemistries are prone to self discharge when not in use for extended periods of time. Some makes will last longer than others, I understand "Eneloop" batteries are very good, might be worth looking into those.

Li-ion and Li-po cells do not suffer self discharge but are in the 3v and upwards range, so cannot be used in devices meant for AAA batteries.

Does the device you're wishing to use have an external power input?
andymagic26 m ago

Does the device you're wishing to use have an external power input?

It does but 1) i don't have the adapter and 2) i will be usimg it on internal power 99% of the time, i will do some searching on that brand now.

All1
Eneloop, or Duracell are the better makes
andymagic2 h, 32 m ago

Unfortunately (as far as I'm aware) batteries of this size are either …Unfortunately (as far as I'm aware) batteries of this size are either Ni-Cad or Ni-Mh in the 1.2 to 1.5v range, both these battery chemistries are prone to self discharge when not in use for extended periods of time. Some makes will last longer than others, I understand "Eneloop" batteries are very good, might be worth looking into those.Li-ion and Li-po cells do not suffer self discharge but are in the 3v and upwards range, so cannot be used in devices meant for AAA batteries.Does the device you're wishing to use have an external power input?

The discharge on both top quality NiMh and Lithium is pretty minimal these days and only really matters if you're storing them for years and years.

You're looking for Low Self Discharge AA/AAA batteries. Eneloop are the originals and still considered the gold standard, but others are available for less money and are almost as good.
Lidl have packs of AAA 900mah rechargeable batteries in-store at the moment at £2.99 for a 4 pack, or at least they did last week, they come pre charged and claim to hold 80% of there charge over 1 year, l have been buying them for a couple of years now and find them very good.

If you have missed the offer then in a few weeks just before Christmas they normally do a festive pack of 8 for £4.99, exactly the same spec batteries but there brightly coloured and festive looking.

32444273-MqEPA.jpg
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 15th Nov 2017
Uniross
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants