Groups

Decent swimming pools in or around London

Can anybody recommend any decent swimming baths in or not too far from London via public transport? Somewhere with slides would be good but anywhere clean is a bonus! I've googled so many things but I just keep getting lists of hotels with pools!!! Thank you in advance!

15 Comments

Archway for slides.

Original Poster

missleading

Archway for slides.

Thank you, haven't come across that one in any searches yet!

britannia leisure centre n1

Original Poster

markvirgo

britannia leisure centre n1

Thank you!!!

atheron leisure centre in newham on the 25 and 86 bus route. newly refurbished and opened in April. very clean nice changing rooms plus a family room so if you're going with your kids of the opposite sex you can go with them to the family changing room. They don't have slides but they do a fun swim with floats. activenewham.org.uk/ath…ble
    closest tube station is Stratford

the other one that I can think of which has slides but I've never been to is woolwich near the ferry. not sure what the leisure centre is called but it's a 5 minute walk once you get off the ferry.

adhkarzf

the other one that I can think of which has slides but I've never been to … the other one that I can think of which has slides but I've never been to is woolwich near the ferry. not sure what the leisure centre is called but it's a 5 minute walk once you get off the ferry.

That's the Waterfront Leisure Centre in Greenwich.

Original Poster

Thank you all for the info. The only one I can share that I have found is Guildford Spectrum, obviously not very close to London though!

danielletaylor

Thank you all for the info. The only one I can share that I have found is … Thank you all for the info. The only one I can share that I have found is Guildford Spectrum, obviously not very close to London though!

​you're asking for advice so you don't need to share lol

Whereabouts in London are you?- if Windsor isn't too far, then the leisure centre is great with a wave machine and lots of slides. Bracknell has 'coral reef' which has just been redone and great as a day out.

samwants2save

Whereabouts in London are you?- if Windsor isn't too far, then the … Whereabouts in London are you?- if Windsor isn't too far, then the leisure centre is great with a wave machine and lots of slides. Bracknell has 'coral reef' which has just been redone and great as a day out.

​why would anyone down vote you?

Original Poster

adhkarzf

​you're asking for advice so you don't need to share lol

Lmao, I know but it's still nice to have a bit of input!!!

Original Poster

Thank you! I'm actually in Hayes so Windsor isn't far at all! Coral reef isn't open again until 2017???

danielletaylor

Thank you! I'm actually in Hayes so Windsor isn't far at all! Coral reef … Thank you! I'm actually in Hayes so Windsor isn't far at all! Coral reef isn't open again until 2017???

it's being refurbed, but was great before that; so hopefully they don't ruin it!

Original Poster

moneybag

it's being refurbed, but was great before that; so hopefully they don't … it's being refurbed, but was great before that; so hopefully they don't ruin it!

I'd never actually been but I've heard good things so hopefully it lives up to expectation when it opens!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ditched Sky1214
      2. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      3. Biscuit addiction1231
      4. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325

See more discussions