Decent TV?

Edited by:"superfreddy"Found 15th Dec 2017
JVC LT-49C870 49" Smart 4K Ultra HD LED TV - £349.99 @ Currys

Any thoughts? Really tempted to get one today. I have a voucher meaning it would cost me £322.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments

Why not.. Listened to a tech show on this question.. Not the tv but general discussion on if spending more gets you a better tv.. It dose but it's diminishing returns for extra money spent.. I would buy it.. Why not.

It's a generic budget TV. It's always hard to distinguish which ones are terrible and which ones are reasonable with no reviews, but Vestel usually make a good stab at it.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves8 m ago

It's a generic budget TV. It's always hard to distinguish which ones are …It's a generic budget TV. It's always hard to distinguish which ones are terrible and which ones are reasonable with no reviews, but Vestel usually make a good stab at it.

Thanks. It's a shame as my 3 year old Bravia only has a dead pixel, but it's annoying.

superfreddy1 h, 35 m ago

Thanks. It's a shame as my 3 year old Bravia only has a dead pixel, but …Thanks. It's a shame as my 3 year old Bravia only has a dead pixel, but it's annoying.

How can you see one dead pixel at sitting distance ?

Original Poster

kester7654 s ago

How can you see one dead pixel at sitting distance ?

It's a little black dot that shows up when the screen is bright

I think most the TVs are decent now, most the parts are only made in a few places so they share a lot of the common things. It's just a case of size and features and also if you fall for the "must have" bits. I mean if you fell for 3D and surround sound I'm sure you are used to paying for pointless stuff you don't need :-)

That seems like a fine TV to me, but if I could save £50 at the cost of "4K" then I would.

Original Poster

4TheMenyNotTheFew32 m ago

I think most the TVs are decent now, most the parts are only made in a few …I think most the TVs are decent now, most the parts are only made in a few places so they share a lot of the common things. It's just a case of size and features and also if you fall for the "must have" bits. I mean if you fell for 3D and surround sound I'm sure you are used to paying for pointless stuff you don't need :-)That seems like a fine TV to me, but if I could save £50 at the cost of "4K" then I would.

I was only really looking at 4k as they seem cheap now and would mean it's a bit more future proof.

I've only ever had Samsung or Sony, do didn't know if it was a bad move going for JVC.

superfreddy2 h, 43 m ago

It's a little black dot that shows up when the screen is bright

You must struggle to see that from six foot away. I doubt any of the budget TVs on offer now are future proof as the standards keep getting distorted as the various big tv manufactures try to stand out from one another. My best advice with buying any TV is to see it in person and not go by the specs as they're meaningless in most situations as TV manufacturers tend to bend the truth a lot and just because the circuit board can process HDR doesn't mean that the panel can do a good job.

Got a 32 inch jvc smart tv with built in dvd not full hd for the bedroom only paid 180 for it in currys before it went back up in price and its great the smart features are quick and the dedicated netflix button is great and its a better faster netflix interface than on my sony cinema surround system, if its anything like mine then i would say ......... Go for it

You need to see past the JVC badge...it's a Vestel set, same as Bush and most the other cheap brands.

If that doesn't bother you and you are happy with picture quality then go for it.

If possible take a USB stick into Currys and try a few video clips. Remember that TV shops will always show a high quality Native resolution feed on TV's as that's what they look best displaying, but If you are going to be watching lots of Standard Def TV at home it's worthwhile seeing how well a TV handles upscaling standard/HD. Upscaling is where a lot of the cheaper TV's show there budget limitations.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions