Groups

Decent Wii component cable?

Anyone suggest some decent quality Wii component cables at a reasonable price? Looking for a 1.5m and a 5m cable.

10 Comments

I got mine from dealexteme and works great

does componet make a big difference?

yeah its a bit sharper

Jetpac;7226475

does componet make a big difference?

Depends on how obsessed you are with picture quality, when I had 3 different Samsung lcds the final one 1080p I saw a difference between scart on them all. It basically had less dull colours and no interferance.

ryouga;7226566

Depends on how obsessed you are with picture quality, when I had 3 … Depends on how obsessed you are with picture quality, when I had 3 different Samsung lcds the final one 1080p I saw a difference between scart on them all. It basically had less dull colours and no interferance.

i would be going from scart on a 32" lcd.. worth it?

ryouga;7226566

Depends on how obsessed you are with picture quality, when I had 3 … Depends on how obsessed you are with picture quality, when I had 3 different Samsung lcds the final one 1080p I saw a difference between scart on them all. It basically had less dull colours and no interferance.

Whats 1080p got to do with it, the WII only broadcasts at 480, the componnt cable definately makes a difference, mine was £5 delivered from Amazon, not sure how much they are now on there.

deanos;7226732

Whats 1080p got to do with it, the WII only broadcasts at 480, the … Whats 1080p got to do with it, the WII only broadcasts at 480, the componnt cable definately makes a difference, mine was £5 delivered from Amazon, not sure how much they are now on there.

I wasnt making out that the Wii was, just that I used it on a 1080p tv therefore its native resolution was higher so obviously it wouldnt be as good on SD.

I would recommend ]this cable from deal extreme. Bought it last year and there is a noticeable difference in the sharpness of the picture.

Chuckles1001;7226395

I got mine from dealexteme and works great

+1

Jetpac;7226610

i would be going from scart on a 32" lcd.. worth it?

definitely i first got a 3rd party component lead and although it was a little better i decided to order the official to compare it and sell the one i didnt want to keep. the official one was much better. This was on a 32" LCD, now on a 42" Plasma. But the colours are better, the saturation is better, and everything is crisper and sharper. Money well spent in my opinion. :thumbsup:
    Also as above the component lead outputs at 480p so dont go calling it a HD lead, but its a progressive lead.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)55
      2. Gaming PC Upgrade Help11
      3. BT FIBRE EXISTING CUSTOMER56
      4. Is it worth spending £20k on a car?1621

See more discussions