Decking paint or oil?

Found 7th May
used this last year, should have put more coats on it but only did 2. this year needs painting again. friend told me to use decking oil (sure that's what he called it) as the paint is naff and rubs away from weather and general walking about.
anyone got any suggestions? decking size is 5mtrs x 5 mtrs so will need quite a lot. also best to apply it with? paint roller/mop/hairbrush etc...
Thanks.

Decking paint
Community Updates
AskDIYPaint
4 Comments
IMO never paint decking, as when the paint starts flaking it takes hours to strip it back. However in your case sadly I think you're going to have to stick to it, as it would need to be completely stripped prior to using decking oil.
hubcms17 m ago

IMO never paint decking, as when the paint starts flaking it takes hours …IMO never paint decking, as when the paint starts flaking it takes hours to strip it back. However in your case sadly I think you're going to have to stick to it, as it would need to be completely stripped prior to using decking oil.

I thought that. Looks like its painting again thanks
Painted mine 10 years ago and without fail I have to repaint it every year. Tried all the different paints but it all comes off quickly. I guess that's what the manufacturers want to happen.
Never paint wood that has to flex, oil or stain it (fence style paint) yes but not actual paint. As it flexes it cracks.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants