Expired

Declaring insurance claims

Found 21st Aug 2010
I always get confused with this one my question is if i make a claim as a named driver on someones policy the next time my renewal comes through and i wanted to switch to another insurance company on my own name would i have to declare that a claim was made with the previous insurer or would the policy holder who i was under as the named driver have to declare that a claim was made with the previous insurer or would we both declare a claim was made. Thanks.

4 Comments

I believe that you have to declare this, but tell them you were a named driver, even online most have the capacity to choose whether or not it's your own insurance. I did exactly same thing and declare it now am on my own insurance

silkymolo

I believe that you have to declare this, but tell them you were a named … I believe that you have to declare this, but tell them you were a named driver, even online most have the capacity to choose whether or not it's your own insurance. I did exactly same thing and declare it now am on my own insurance

#

i agree

Banned

question normally asks "Any accidents or losses, whether there was a claim or not and regardless of blame, in the last 5 years " so you have to declare it

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anyone else bored of video gaming2030
    2. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA2099
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769517
    4. Happy Bandi Chorr Diwas and Happy Diwali!1317

See more discussions