Groups
    EXPIRED

Declined for credit by Littlewoods?!

Banned
    I went to open a credit account with Littlewoods and was declined?! Really shocked because my credit is great and I never get into debt or anything.

No idea why...

19 Comments

Declined by Littlewoods? You might as well just kill yourself X)

Original Poster Banned

deeky

Declined by Littlewoods? You might as well just kill yourself X)

lol I only applied as I had a £30 off a £60 spend code I wanted to use - don't actually need credit.

Original Poster Banned

Ah... unless it's because I have a Very credit account??

Banned

How VERY sad you'll have to do your SHOPPING DIRECT from now on

september_boy

SUBTLETY is the key to making a pun AMUSING.

september_boy

I thought it was "shop direct" not shopping

this happened to me some years ago and i have never been able to find out why.

Perhaps your credit rating is too good, as they usually only give credit to people on the edge of their financial control.

mutley1

this happened to me some years ago and i have never been able to find out … this happened to me some years ago and i have never been able to find out why.

Thankfully you didn't listen to Deeky's advice.

Banned

You probably failed the chav test (which is on the whole a pretty good thing).

Following taken from Experian website.

The lender always decides whether to accept or refuse your application. If you’ve been refused, only the lender can tell you why because only they know. If you ask, they should be able to give you the main reason. This is useful because it might identify action you can take to address the situation, such as registering on the electoral roll, checking your credit report or asking the lender to reconsider its decision, especially if you can provide additional evidence to support your application.

I used to work for them a long time back just as they became Shop Direct, and back then they had their own criteria, the credit check basically checked for major problems and electoral roll info, but they used to automatically decline applications for anyone ordering a expensive Mobile Phone or Nike Trainers as there first order seriously! lol.
    Edited by: "haritori" 6th Jul 2013

[email protected]

Thankfully you didn't listen to Deeky's advice.

deeky may not think so. X)

Pumadids

Following taken from Experian website.The lender always decides whether … Following taken from Experian website.The lender always decides whether to accept or refuse your application. If you’ve been refused, only the lender can tell you why because only they know. If you ask, they should be able to give you the main reason. This is useful because it might identify action you can take to address the situation, such as registering on the electoral roll, checking your credit report or asking the lender to reconsider its decision, especially if you can provide additional evidence to support your application.

The lenders never give you a reason. All they say is that the credit reference agency says no.

I signed up for a Littlewoods account and got a £700 limit, but it was rejected when they found out I already have a Very account, that's probably why.

When I first signed up for Very when I was 19 or so, they gave me £500, one year later I have a 2.5k limit. I always pay back everything and on time, Very works quite well for me. If you don't use your account for a while, they send you account specific vouchers in the post. I recently pre-ordered a PS3 for £318, which is cheaper than anywhere you can get it. Very isn't the cheapest, but sometimes can be.

PS3 for £318? Hot

MrToast

PS3 for £318? Hot

I mean PS4.

Sometimes they'll refuse credit if you're not spending enough as they won't be able to sell the debt on if you did a bunk.

Banned

similar thing happened to me, I went to open a credit account with Littlewoods and was declined?! Really shocked because my credit is great and I never get into debt or anything. i got a do you even lift error.

No idea why...

Edited by: "tomw87" 8th Jul 2013

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine11
    2. Win a Mazona Olympus 8kW multi-fuel stove @ Gr8 Fires33
    3. Jazz apple slicer for the price of a stamp33
    4. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains55

See more discussions