decrypt SD card

Found 27th Jan
so i factory reset phone and forget that i encrypted SD card,till when i click back on SD card are images files are there, but won't show image.

is there a way to get images back
Community Updates
AskElectronics
7 Comments
I don’t think so, the decryption key is stored on your phone, which you reset. Do you have a backup?
When you encrypt the SD card, Android makes a unique key that is stored in the Android trust store. When you factory reset the device, that key is lost. Permanently. Remember, the whole point of encryption is so malicious parties cannot access your data. If you could just read it again after factory resetting then there isn't much point is there. Always have data backed up. Hopefully you had photo's sync'ing to your google photo's app.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 27th Jan
i didn't want my photo's on a Google online app, isn't three any key back up
jonmarz893 h, 56 m ago

i didn't want my photo's on a Google online app, isn't three any key …i didn't want my photo's on a Google online app, isn't three any key back up

You could try contacting google to see if they can help. Else your data is lost.
jonmarz894 h, 45 m ago

i didn't want my photo's on a Google online app, isn't three any key …i didn't want my photo's on a Google online app, isn't three any key back up

This is one of those rubbish quirks on android, their backup system is awful!!
Is there any apps on pc top recover it
jonmarz8927th Jan

jonmarz8928th Jan

Is there any apps on pc top recover it

Think about encryption! What would be the point of it if you could simply download something to gain access to the files saved upon it. The device upon factory reset does warn you if you have encryption enabled. It will also not "backup" a key online, again what would be the point in saving the key to somewhere that you could gain entry to using a password. The key was stored locally on your device and sandboxed using a two stage verification, the first stage is how you unlock your device by a fingerprint,passcode, etc, this then allows the second part of the key to be read to decrypt the data on the device after unlocking. Once you factory reset all is lost. Seriously think about using any form of photo backups to save being in this position again. Certainly keeping then on a memory card with or without encryption you still will suffer if the card fails for whatever reason.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants