Expired

Deep Heat - Or other muscle soothing solution

Found 26th Jul 2011
Not a clear request, that's for sure! I've got quite a few muscles that feel slightly pulled/sore/tight, in my shin, calf, knee region (I know the knee is higher, I'm no dwarf.... but the pain is there too)

I need something that will best soothe the pain, help the recovery, ideally at a minimum cost... any suggestion?
Community Updates
10 Comments
One of the pound shops flogs a muscle rub which is actually pretty good and UK made. Can't for the life of me remember what it's called, but it's in a red tube with yellow labelling.
If you use Deep Heat do not apply soon after having a bath or shower. It burns like hell, been there done it- OUCH.
Some_Bloke

One of the pound shops flogs a muscle rub which is actually pretty good … One of the pound shops flogs a muscle rub which is actually pretty good and UK made. Can't for the life of me remember what it's called, but it's in a red tube with yellow labelling.

Cheers, I might check out poundland next time I'm in town then? That sort of thing should probably do the job though?
Theres one they sell in boots that is odourless - cant remember the name of it but same job no smell sounds like a better option to me.
I know of a few athletes who swear by tiger balm - deal posted earlier today.

hotukdeals.com/dea…734
use bio freeze - its well worth a few extra pennies - on ebay!
donaldduck2

If you use Deep Heat do not apply soon after having a bath or shower. It … If you use Deep Heat do not apply soon after having a bath or shower. It burns like hell, been there done it- OUCH.

Don'r rub your eyes and be VERY careful going for a pee
The poundland red tube one is OK - wintergreen, pretty much the same as Deep Heat
Cobain67

I know of a few athletes who swear by tiger balm - deal posted earlier … I know of a few athletes who swear by tiger balm - deal posted earlier today.http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/2-x-18g-tiger-balm-wild-tiger-jars-only-69p-home-bargains/983734

Tiger balm is fantastic, I used it aswel as having Physio and rehab, but dont bother with the other creams theyre not strong enough to penetrate through the top layers of skin. Try heat packs too
Try transvensin and ice cold compress then alternate it with heat as i have cartlitge problem at present in my right knee ansd it real painful to walk
aspirin heat rub and diclofenac daily and paracetamol to try deaden the pain works for a short while rest inbetween as much as possible
Cobain67

I know of a few athletes who swear by tiger balm - deal posted earlier … I know of a few athletes who swear by tiger balm - deal posted earlier today.http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/2-x-18g-tiger-balm-wild-tiger-jars-only-69p-home-bargains/983734

Thanks! I saw that deal as I was browsing actually... thought it was candles so passed straight over it!

Really appreciate the advice everyone, think I might give this a go and see how it going

Thanks all!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants