Default notice for Virgin Media

I had a reminder sent to me yesterday for my final bill with Virgin Media (now with Sky), which I then went on to pay. However, today, a default notice from Virgin Media has turned up (posted out before I paid my bill yesterday). It says that if I pay within 14 days, no further action will be taken. I paid this yesterday, so I called Virgin Media today and was told that as I had paid the amount outstanding, just to ignore the default notice. However, even though this was paid well within the 14 days, will this still be added to my credit record, or not added as the woman said (don't know if she just told me that!)? Thank you.

11 Comments

Nothing will go on your credit record. Call Virgin Media again for clarification if you're worried.

Original Poster

rev6

Nothing will go on your credit record. Call Virgin Media again for … Nothing will go on your credit record. Call Virgin Media again for clarification if you're worried.

Thank you.

Banned

good riddance to virgin media that's what I say.

Nothing should be recorded. If it is youcan request it to be removed

If you have the receipt of payment and was within the 14 days period. Don't worry about it. Send yr box back and they send you some penny's back for the router too.

hi did you pay phone line conection fee when switching from virging to sky? thanks

Original Poster

dorey69

If you have the receipt of payment and was within the 14 days period. … If you have the receipt of payment and was within the 14 days period. Don't worry about it. Send yr box back and they send you some penny's back for the router too.

On the letter that came with the packaging to return it, it said to enclose the box, router, remote and any cables - which I did . Are you saying that they give you some money back for including the router, as it never said that on the letter? Thank you.

Original Poster

ruq3178

hi did you pay phone line conection fee when switching from virging to … hi did you pay phone line conection fee when switching from virging to sky? thanks

I did not have a BT Open Reach box, so I had to have one installed. I was charged a total of £69 to cover the cost of a new line and the sky dish and tv installation, however, give them a call as they seem to have good offers on all of the time (I was given Sky Talk Anytime Extra which cost £8 a month, free for 12 months). I chose the free tv option and only had to wait for a few weeks to have it delivered (after everything was installed and up and running).

They normally collect the final payment via dd so if you cancelled the dd before the due date, then you will have an unpaid payment strike recorded

Original Poster

chocci

They normally collect the final payment via dd so if you cancelled the … They normally collect the final payment via dd so if you cancelled the dd before the due date, then you will have an unpaid payment strike recorded

I never had a dd set up for Virgin Media - used to make a payment over the telephone.

ruq3178

hi did you pay phone line conection fee when switching from virging to … hi did you pay phone line conection fee when switching from virging to sky? thanks

No. Just the router fee.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. seller asked for IMEI1111
    2. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2544
    3. cats and royal canin biscuits912
    4. Wifi extender1217

See more discussions