Groups

Definition of "great condition"

I bought a white psp 2003, with four crappy umds and a rubbish game for £61 pound and postage on top. Seller said it was in really great condition and used about 6 or 7 times maximum.

Arrived today & the screen has loads of scratches on. Not so visable when turned on but there are loads & the back ring is scratched to hell.

Am I being fussy? I expected an almost mint one if played just 6 or 7 times!

Gone through paypal & said I want a partial refund as I have bought lots of extras to us with the blasted thing already. What would you do? Send it back? Accept the condition?

15 Comments

Where did you buy it?
    What did the seller say?

like you id think that good contion and the amount of times they say it was used too meant that it was near mint!

its a blooming joke when sellers put stuff that aint true to sell for a higher price! id be asking for a refund and going cex or gamestation for preowned one!

Banned

It sounds like an ebay transaction, where the buyer hasn't learnt to translate ebay speak into reality.

Original Poster

Fleabay. Not heard anything yet, will give her a few days to reply via paypal then escalate it

"Great condition" would mean no scratches, so I'd be annoyed too.
    Saying that, did you not ask them prior to buying it whether or not there were any marks etc on it?

Original Poster

slamdunkin

It sounds like an ebay transaction, where the buyer hasn't learnt to … It sounds like an ebay transaction, where the buyer hasn't learnt to translate ebay speak into reality.

First psp ever had a prob with. Bought four over the years and always spend weeks looking for the right one.

Original Poster

Taken from listing

SONY PSP -2003 CW SLIM AND LIGHT IN CERAMIC WHITE, VERY GOOD CONDITION … SONY PSP -2003 CW SLIM AND LIGHT IN CERAMIC WHITE, VERY GOOD CONDITION COMES COMPLETE WITH BOX, CHARGER, AND INSTRUCTIONS, USED MAYBE 6 OR 7 TIMES

Banned

With that description I would accept a couple of very minor, faint scratches. Anything more and it's not as described in my book.

Banned

It says very good condition, not great, and certainly not mint, which is seemingly what you expected.

Original Poster

Did not expect mint, just expected one that did not have at least 10 scratches along screen and about 40 on the ring.

very good condition is usually pretty scuffed compared to 'mint'. Also 'only used 6-7 times'....maybe by them, but what if they bought it 2nd hand too!?

manc80

Also 'only used 6-7 times'....maybe by them, but what if they bought it … Also 'only used 6-7 times'....maybe by them, but what if they bought it 2nd hand too!?

Also known as pulling a "ryouga".

thesaint

Also known as pulling a "ryouga".

As in something that happens once every ten years?

jah128

As in something that happens once every ten years?

No, that's decennial.

Banned

Should ask for a close up pic for this sort of thing as VGC can mean one thing to one person and something else to another.

http://i.ebayimg.com/11/!CFwq1z!B2k~$(KGrHqV,!l8E1F1pK3nTBNWEkB2cfg~~_12.JPG
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3631398
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846331
      3. Gold Flamedeer thread (ABSOLUTELY NO HINTING/MENTIONING THE TRADING OF GOLD…35
      4. EE Retention Deal S811

See more discussions