Found 27th Dec 2016

After a dehumidifier for many under my stairs in the kitchen.
We have a very cold wall which gets wet especially after cooking and then builds up in mould. Seen mini 500ml ones and 2L ones which are in our budget of under £70. Can anyone recommend one please because there are so many about and I just want a reliable one which works good.


We have a Screwfix one that works very well.

that top one I linked on Amazon has really good reviews and in your budget

i have this for fish tank very good for the price picked mine up on amazon warehouse…c=1

I got a small one from Aldi last year £39.99 and its excellent for a small box room

Original Poster

Thanks so for for the replies. Seen a few on Amazon also.

Original Poster

Wonder what the smaller ones are like also. 500ml etc

Original Poster

Some are lower wattage which I'm looking at to

Get a dessicant type rather than compressor type, they are generally quieter, work better at low temperatures, and the only wasted energy is as heat.

I currently use a meaco dd8l. I thought it seemed expensive at the time, but it is much better than any compressor type I have owned.

Original Poster

How do I know if it's a dessicant type?

we got this one its very good also warms the room up a bit on full blows a bit of warm air out…c=1

Original Poster

Over my budget but looks good thanks

Original Poster

I was told to get a desiccant dehumidifier.
Post a comment
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247610
    2. Add one, leave one game54415427
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…3466
    4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)71565

    See more discussions