Dehumidifier and Air Purifier

Posted 15th Dec 2019
Looking for any advise regarding best options, the size and preferably cost effective.
Not looking to spend hundreds.
This will be mainly for a basement but also living area, I'll be moving it around.

Any help would be appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
I have the Homedics air purifier, cheap to run, I can pop it on setting two and you can tell the difference within minutes.
Also hepa filters last forever.... another bonus is it blows out quite cold air so it was a dream next to me during the summer nights. Hope that helps
Edited by: "shirlz84" 15th Dec 2019
39386963-nIoTy.jpg
I have the same air purifier as shirleyj84 and would also recommend .
I have this dehumidifier , https//ww…h=1

It's just short of £150 but having had a cheaper one previously , this one has lasted years , the filter can be cleaned with your vaccum cleaner and spares can be purchased.
I had problems with mould in the bathroom and bedroom before and had no further issues, I also use it to dry laundry which took ages in my freezing flat. Lent to friend who had a leak from her roof and was impressed with it too . It has an automatic cut off when full and not too heavy when it needs emptied. HTH
Edited by: "polkadot" 15th Dec 2019
Dehumidifier wise for that size/purpose imo a 2 litre one would be a reasonable balance between function and saving space. I've found this sufficient, but depends on personal preference. You could go larger if you don't mind a bulkier machine.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions