Groups

Dehumidifier help please. cheapest to run...

I know this has been asked before but please can anyone help with best dehumidifier?
    We've had Meaco 10l for 10 months and it's packed up.
    from John Lewis thankfully and they've been great and refunded money.
    we were fine with Meaco as cheap to run but think we want one with a bit more umph.
    we have warm two bedroom bungalow.
    cheap to run is big factor.
    thanks for any help x

14 Comments

Original Poster

oops not in baby and kids though. sorry don't know how to change?

aldi have one at the moment on website £100
    bought one a few days ago in store for £90
    3year guarantee
    if you google VAX 20 litre its got to come out of the same factory, but the VAX one is £150+
    I won't be leaving mine on 24/7 so very efficient
    also as clothes drying function.
    on the reviews people say its noisy however its quieter than the two I have had previously.

Original Poster

mtodak

http://www.which.co.uk/reviews/dehumidifiers

​page not found?I tried to join which tonight for help but they had problem.
    which do they rate most now please? it can you copy and paste the page? thanks

Don't buy an eBac decent reviews but they get posted after a week or 2 and they can be very unreliable when a year or so old.
    I'm buying a compressor type next time
    Note I meant eco air oops
    Edited by: "snoopy18" 4th Nov 2016

snoopy18

Don't buy an eBac decent reviews but they get posted after a week or 2 … Don't buy an eBac decent reviews but they get posted after a week or 2 and they can be very unreliable when a year or so old.I'm buying a compressor type next time

Ours is 9 years old and works well still. They a British and made in the U.K.
    Edited by: "brooky_agn" 3rd Nov 2016

ebac is compressor...sounds like a fridge taking off lmao!!

snoopy18

Don't buy an eBac decent reviews but they get posted after a week or 2 … Don't buy an eBac decent reviews but they get posted after a week or 2 and they can be very unreliable when a year or so old.I'm buying a compressor type next time

Sort by:
    Which? score 85% Meaco 20L Low Energy
    Meaco
    20L Low Energy
    Typical price:
    £250.00
    BEST BUY
    It's not often we come across a dehumidifier that's this impressive, but Meaco has come up trumps with this one. It excelled across the board in our lab tests, so we had no hesitation in making it a Best Buy. It works very quickly, even in chilly air, and is so energy efficient that it won't bump up your energy bills. The large water tank holds plenty of water, and if all that isn't enough to convince you to buy it, it's also significantly quieter than others.

Read the full review
    Which? score 79% Ebac Powerpac 18 DH700WG
    Ebac
    Powerpac 18 DH700WG
    Typical price:
    £229.00
    BEST BUY
    The Ebac Powerpac 18 impressed us enough to earn the Which? Best Buy recommendation - while it's not cheap, it's head and shoulders above the rest at sucking water out of the air, making it worth the extra cash.

Read the full review
    Which? score 78% Meaco DD8L Zambezi
    Meaco
    DD8L Zambezi
    Typical price:
    £250.00
    BEST BUY
    This dehumidifier easily earns our Best Buy recommendation. It’s energy efficient, excellent at extracting water and really easy to use.
    Read the full review
    Which? score 78% Electrolux EXD16DN3W
    Electrolux
    EXD16DN3W
    Typical price:
    £195.00
    BEST BUY
    This Electrolux dehumidifier is so good that we've awarded it our Best Buy seal of approval. It's brilliant at pulling water from the air at room temperature, it won't cost much to run and it's easy to use. It's not entirely excellent across the board, but it's easily good enough to make it stand among the best dehumidifiers we've seen.

Read the full review
    Which? score 77% Meaco DD8L
    Meaco
    DD8L
    Typical price:
    £180.00
    BEST BUY
    Despite being one of the most compact dehumidifiers around, this Meaco packs a real punch and removes plenty of moisture from a damp room. It works just as well in warm or cold climates, and its compact size means that it's very easy to move around. In fact, it did so well in our rigorous lab tests that we didn't hesitate to make it a Best Buy.

Read the full review
    Which? score 76% Dimplex FTE16
    Dimplex
    FTE16
    Typical price:
    £160.00
    BEST BUY
    This dehumidifier is so good at the essentials that it's earned our Best Buy recommendation. It's brilliant at pulling water from the air, it's energy efficient and it's easy to use to boot. It doesn't completely excel across the board, but this isn't enough to stop it from being among the best models we've tested.

Read the full review
    Which? score 75% Ecoair DD3 Classic
    Ecoair
    DD3 Classic
    Typical price:
    £205.00
    BEST BUY
    This dehumidifier stormed through our tests to earn our Best Buy recommendation. We’re impressed with its flexibility in quickly drawing water from the air whether in warmer or colder temperatures – and you’ll find it hassle-free to use, too.

I have had an Ebac for over 12 years- it does have a compressor and it's extraction rate is brilliant

Original Poster

mtodak

Sort by: Which? score 85% Meaco 20L Low EnergyMeaco20L Low EnergyTypical … Sort by: Which? score 85% Meaco 20L Low EnergyMeaco20L Low EnergyTypical price:£250.00BEST BUYIt's not often we come across a dehumidifier that's this impressive, but Meaco has come up trumps with this one. It excelled across the board in our lab tests, so we had no hesitation in making it a Best Buy. It works very quickly, even in chilly air, and is so energy efficient that it won't bump up your energy bills. The large water tank holds plenty of water, and if all that isn't enough to convince you to buy it, it's also significantly quieter than others.Read the full reviewWhich? score 79% Ebac Powerpac 18 DH700WGEbacPowerpac 18 DH700WGTypical price:£229.00BEST BUYThe Ebac Powerpac 18 impressed us enough to earn the Which? Best Buy recommendation - while it's not cheap, it's head and shoulders above the rest at sucking water out of the air, making it worth the extra cash.Read the full reviewWhich? score 78% Meaco DD8L ZambeziMeacoDD8L ZambeziTypical price:£250.00BEST BUYThis dehumidifier easily earns our Best Buy recommendation. It’s energy efficient, excellent at extracting water and really easy to use.Read the full reviewWhich? score 78% Electrolux EXD16DN3WElectroluxEXD16DN3WTypical price:£195.00BEST BUYThis Electrolux dehumidifier is so good that we've awarded it our Best Buy seal of approval. It's brilliant at pulling water from the air at room temperature, it won't cost much to run and it's easy to use. It's not entirely excellent across the board, but it's easily good enough to make it stand among the best dehumidifiers we've seen.Read the full reviewWhich? score 77% Meaco DD8LMeacoDD8LTypical price:£180.00BEST BUYDespite being one of the most compact dehumidifiers around, this Meaco packs a real punch and removes plenty of moisture from a damp room. It works just as well in warm or cold climates, and its compact size means that it's very easy to move around. In fact, it did so well in our rigorous lab tests that we didn't hesitate to make it a Best Buy.Read the full reviewWhich? score 76% Dimplex FTE16DimplexFTE16Typical price:£160.00BEST BUYThis dehumidifier is so good at the essentials that it's earned our Best Buy recommendation. It's brilliant at pulling water from the air, it's energy efficient and it's easy to use to boot. It doesn't completely excel across the board, but this isn't enough to stop it from being among the best models we've tested.Read the full reviewWhich? score 75% Ecoair DD3 ClassicEcoairDD3 ClassicTypical price:£205.00BEST BUYThis dehumidifier stormed through our tests to earn our Best Buy recommendation. We’re impressed with its flexibility in quickly drawing water from the air whether in warmer or colder temperatures – and you’ll find it hassle-free to use, too.

​thanks for that.

Original Poster

thanks for help everyone. decision time x

Keep an eye out on Amazon as I have a highly rated ecoair dc-12 which cost me £99 in a lightning deal this time last year (check camel).

amazon.co.uk/Eco…C7Y

Original Poster

elne

Keep an eye out on Amazon as I have a highly rated ecoair dc-12 which … Keep an eye out on Amazon as I have a highly rated ecoair dc-12 which cost me £99 in a lightning deal this time last year (check camel).https://www.amazon.co.uk/EcoAir-DC12-Compact-Portable-Dehumidifier/dp/B00HT8DC7Y

​I've just actually ordered the Ecoair dc18 lol. £141 from Airconcentre with a 5% voucher code. ACC5. and £5.95 topcashback. Reviews seemed good and
    two year warranty so fingers crossed.
    are you happy with yours?

Original Poster

elne

Keep an eye out on Amazon as I have a highly rated ecoair dc-12 which … Keep an eye out on Amazon as I have a highly rated ecoair dc-12 which cost me £99 in a lightning deal this time last year (check camel).https://www.amazon.co.uk/EcoAir-DC12-Compact-Portable-Dehumidifier/dp/B00HT8DC7Y

​IReviews've just actually ordered the Ecoair dc18 lol. £141 from Airconcentre with a 5% voucher code. ACC5. and £5.95 topcashback. seemed good and
    two year warranty so fingers crossed.
    are you happy with yours?

I just returned a GET 102 .. Due to recall to Argos . Bought in2007 and recalled 9 years later . Argos claimed no knowledge of recall , so I showed them it on phone . Then claimed it wasn't theirs ,then asked ME for the catalogue number ! From 9 years ago ! then claimed recall time limit was up ( 5 months ) , then said it was a homebase product , then claimed the water collector should be green , not bluey green , then claimed I was only entitled to a gift card to the value , then wasted my time for 20 minutes , then gave me a refund . Argos are totally sh!!te .
    So if you have one of these it's been recalled
    Edited by: "plodging" 4th Nov 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any good robotic lawn mower someone could recommend?44
      2. pringles movie codes11
      3. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree1416
      4. Lidl Memory Foam Mattress55

See more discussions