Groups

Dehumidifiers?

Im looking to buy a dehumidifier for my small outhouse which we have recently boarded and plastered so just wondered if anyone knew what size would be best and if anyone could recommend a decent one that dosent cost to much thanks

8 Comments

depends house small it is, if you have a small bedroom sized room I use this for mine:

amazon.co.uk/Uni…8-2

it's a little cheaper on ebay but it does the trick for my room with suffers from damp

If you go here ebac.com/gui…php it will help you find the size you need. I bought an ebac one as it came with a 5 year warranty which is obviously handy.

Hope this helps.

Don't use a dehumidifier if the plaster is recent - our stupid architect got the builders to bring a giant one and the top coat of plaster fell off in 4 rooms. It likes to dry out slowly.

Original Poster

chalkysoil

Don't use a dehumidifier if the plaster is recent - our stupid architect … Don't use a dehumidifier if the plaster is recent - our stupid architect got the builders to bring a giant one and the top coat of plaster fell off in 4 rooms. It likes to dry out slowly.

how long do you think i should leave it for before i get one

a dehum wont work if the temperature is too low, you need to warm the room gently too

vlane86

how long do you think i should leave it for before i get one

6 weeks or more imo, but I'm no expert, depends on room conditions I suppose, google or MSE offer a lot of experiences.

Do a search on HUKD you will see several discusion threads. Dessicant dehumidifiers work in low temperatures but they are more expensive. They are also more costly to run. None of them are as quiet as they claim to be unless it is on a low setting which reduces both cost and effectiveness. having said that, plaster should dry slowly.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …269922
      2. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831735
      3. Your dream gaming set up?2657
      4. word association Game72844189

See more discussions