Found 6th Oct 2007
amazon.co.uk/gp/…100 Amazon Link

Amazon.co.uk deliveries during the Royal Mail Strike

Many customers will be aware that the Communications Workers Union has announced strikes for Royal Mail personnel during the period October 4th to October 10th 2007.

Amazon.co.uk is working hard to minimise the impact on customers during this period, adding staff at our fulfillment centres to process customer orders quickly and working with a number of carriers to secure alternative delivery arrangements.

amazon.co.uk/gp/…011 [U Express Delivery orders are unaffected, with guaranteed next-business-day delivery by 1pm for orders placed before the daily Express deadline. Amazon.co.uk have arranged to double available capacity to accommodate customers who choose this option.

First Class orders may experience minor delays, with delivery expected within 1-3 days from dispatch rather than the usual 1-2 days from dispatch.

Most Super Saver Delivery orders will be delayed. We currently expect most Super Saver Delivery orders to be delivered after the October 10th .

11 Comments

Ah damn just ordered me fire emblem sacred stones gba oh well

EDIT. Have cancelled order just looking at i wont get till 26th october which is rubbish

I was told Amazon don't use Royal Mail anymore !?
All my supersavers have come with courier ( home deliveries)

I bought speakers and books in seperate deliveries and they came by courier

I had my wirless router dispatched on the October 4th with Super Saver Delivery. Will i be affected or will i not receive my wireless router by the normal date (October the 9th)?

catwoman

I was told Amazon don't use Royal Mail anymore !?All my supersavers have … I was told Amazon don't use Royal Mail anymore !?All my supersavers have come with courier ( home deliveries)

Bizarre !
That's exactly what I thought and the last 4/5 of my orders have come via courier.
In fact I ordered something for my daughter Thursday using Super Saver Delivery safe in the knowledge that Amazon don't use RM anymore. It was dispatched yesterday with this being part of the email :

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk,

We thought you would like to know that the following item has been sent
to:
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
GUILDFORD, SURREY
United Kingdom

using Home Delivery Network Limited.

Your tracking number is XXXXXXXXXXXXX. You can use this number to track
the delivery status of your order online by visiting Your Account.

Something not quite right here ???
Amazon did indeed dump RM but only for 2nd class deliveries. (as mightyreds link shows)
Amazon retained the contract for First class deliveries with RM.

Amazons Super Saver deliveries are 2nd class so how come they are blaming RM for delays ?? One would assume 2nd class deliveries are now via courier??

YESSS i just rechecked my email confirming my order and it says its being shipped by Parcelnet not Royal Mail!

manzi

YESSS i just rechecked my email confirming my order and it says its being … YESSS i just rechecked my email confirming my order and it says its being shipped by Parcelnet not Royal Mail!

My fire emblem said instock but dispatch estimate at 24th october so i cancelled it

Maybe you should have emailed them saying that you'll only keep the order if they issue a £5 gift voucher for the inconveniance.

hottoshop

Something not quite right here ???Amazon did indeed dump RM but only for … Something not quite right here ???Amazon did indeed dump RM but only for 2nd class deliveries. (as mightyreds link shows)Amazon retained the contract for First class deliveries with RM.Amazons Super Saver deliveries are 2nd class so how come they are blaming RM for delays ?? One would assume 2nd class deliveries are now via courier??

They use both RM and Home Delivery Network for supersaver. Depends on the weight (lighter items by RM).
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769527
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428114653
    3. Anyone else bored of video gaming2535
    4. word association Game74244927

See more discussions