Groups

DELETE THREAD PLEASE

DELETE THREAD PLEASE

7 Comments

Dan, this is by no means offensive, nor a joke, but how old are you?
    I know 2 folks up here who work in TV, and both have had to do it the hard way, started off as runner's and learnt the trade that way.
    Now, one is freelance cameraman other is a grip who set's up the camera equipment before and de-rigs afterwards

It's a tough gig to get into, best knowing someone in there, working with them and up. Not saying they'll be able to help by any means, just giving an example that was all

Original Poster

boydent999;2171420

Dan, this is by no means offensive, nor a joke, but how old are you?I … Dan, this is by no means offensive, nor a joke, but how old are you?I know 2 folks up here who work in TV, and both have had to do it the hard way, started off as runner's and learnt the trade that way.Now, one is freelance cameraman other is a grip who set's up the camera equipment before and de-rigs afterwardsIt's a tough gig to get into, best knowing someone in there, working with them and up. Not saying they'll be able to help by any means, just giving an example that was all

18 - 19 in july

Not "too" young then Dan to perhaps have the patience and eagerness to start at the bottom then?
    Not too set in your ways.
    Get some letter's sent, do some filming of your own and hope you get lucky
    Like i say, it's a tough gig to get into

Next choice of career for dandoc will be master pimp!

harlzter;2171529

Next choice of career for dandoc will be master pimp!

No, no I think he's now dead set on Careers Adviser/Turncoat

Schizophrenia you ever thought about a career in psychology or....................................insert job title herehttp://img374.imageshack.us/img374/4608/hs1zu.gif

if you dont get into work placement ... go hang out at student bars at film schools, there's bound to be a film project going on and they always could do with some help. that's how u build rapport and work with the circles. good luck!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any PS4 News Here29213632
      2. First 2 lucky people.77
      3. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1223
      4. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831532

See more discussions