1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments

You can plug it into a laptop and then network share

Original Poster

kester76

You can plug it into a laptop and then network share

I was wondering if there was some sort of device it can be plugged into, other then a laptop/PC as i don't want them running all of the time.

Does your router/modem have a USB port? These can sometimes be used

RyanBest

Unfortunately not. I was hoping there was something like a router out … Unfortunately not. I was hoping there was something like a router out there that has wifi, and allows usb connection.

There are
amazon.co.uk/TP-…ter

That's just one that popped up, you might not need the ADSL functionality but there are others that do it also.
I would check it's compatible though
Edited by: "BeerDrinker" 3rd Jan 2015

dcx_badass

You want a USB to Ethernet NAS adapter. Just connect to your router. … You want a USB to Ethernet NAS adapter. Just connect to your router. Something like this, sure someone will find a deal. You definitely don't want a wifi one unless you want it to be complete crap.

Dcx, do you know if this would work with a Sky Hub?

RyanBest

Unfortunately not. I was hoping there was something like a router out … Unfortunately not. I was hoping there was something like a router out there that has wifi, and allows usb connection.

There is, but everyone I've used/tried with a HDD has been absolutely rubbish and wouldn't rely on the connection.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Help please11
    2. Best way to get to Alton towers from north west, or by train, coach etc22
    3. CEX grading68
    4. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge610

See more discussions