Found 10th Feb 2015
Community Updates
Ask
94 Comments
Anyone know?
aaronlovesfood

Anyone know?

Give people a chance!
Surely it would have said on the website?
cnewlol

Give people a chance! Surely it would have said on the website?

It says on the website that it would be 24 hours max
CEX are fairly reputable, what I mean by that is they have been around for a while, have actual high street stores and its unlikely they have taken your money an run for the hills with it.

If the website said 24 hours and you have waited 72 with them not sending you any update then just contact them. Email, phone, whichever.

Should you be worried? I would be more worried about badgers, never and I mean NEVER trust a badger.
aaronlovesfood

It says on the website that it would be 24 hours max

Where does it say that as i can't see anything that mentions that at all?

(its also bloody unlikely as its cex and they are generally a bit crap!)
Edited by: "cdm22" 10th Feb 2015
MightyName

CEX are fairly reputable, what I mean by that is they have been around … CEX are fairly reputable, what I mean by that is they have been around for a while, have actual high street stores and its unlikely they have taken your money an run for the hills with it.If the website said 24 hours and you have waited 72 with them not sending you any update then just contact them. Email, phone, whichever. Should you be worried? I would be more worried about badgers, never and I mean NEVER trust a badger.

I have contacted them via email... no reply
On the website is says...

How long will it take to receive my order?
We’ll dispatch your order as soon as possible via 1st Class Royal Mail or the premium couriers listed below. You should receive it within 5 working days from dispatch.

So not sure where you're getting the 24hr max from. If you search google for "cex dispatch times", you'll find multiple results from people asking the same question in different forums. Some results are threads on HUKD from years ago, so slow dispatch times aren't uncommon.
cdm22

Where does it say that as i can't see anything that mentions that at … Where does it say that as i can't see anything that mentions that at all?(its also bloody unlikely as its cex and they are generally a bit crap!)

Sorry, I didn't mean the website. I was reading someones complaint about it and CEX replied and said that items wont take longer than 24 hours to dispatch.
No I don't have a link. You will just have to believe me
dreadzone101

On the website is says...How long will it take to receive my order? We’ll … On the website is says...How long will it take to receive my order? We’ll dispatch your order as soon as possible via 1st Class Royal Mail or the premium couriers listed below. You should receive it within 5 working days from dispatch.So not sure where you're getting the 24hr max from. If you search google for "cex dispatch times", you'll find multiple results from people asking the same question in different forums. Some results are threads on HUKD from years ago, so slow dispatch times aren't uncommon.

Sorry, I didn't mean the website. I was reading someones complaint about it and CEX replied and said that items wont take longer than 24 hours to dispatch.
No I don't have a link. You will just have to believe me
aaronlovesfood

Sorry, I didn't mean the website. I was reading someones complaint about … Sorry, I didn't mean the website. I was reading someones complaint about it and CEX replied and said that items wont take longer than 24 hours to dispatch.No I don't have a link. You will just have to believe me

Sounds legit (_;)
dreadzone101

Sounds legit (_;)

Ill just wait it out and ill let you know what happens
they are in administration
bo84gle

they are in administration

Could you please explain what you mean by that?
gone bust
bo84gle

gone bust

Pretty sure they haven't yet. Do you have any proof that this has happened?
I wouldn't use CEX again for online orders. It took them nearly 2 weeks to dispatch my last order and 6 weeks for them to acknowledge and respond to my email query.
stuarthanley

I wouldn't use CEX again for online orders. It took them nearly 2 weeks … I wouldn't use CEX again for online orders. It took them nearly 2 weeks to dispatch my last order and 6 weeks for them to acknowledge and respond to my email query.

If they end up being 3 weeks late then I will contact the bank as they rarely reply to emails.
bo84gle

gone bust

No they haven't.
stuarthanley

No they haven't.

Yeah, I thought so too
sorry am just on the bam up. cex are usually quite bad for delivery could arrive tomoz or in weeks
stuarthanley

I wouldn't use CEX again for online orders. It took them nearly 2 weeks … I wouldn't use CEX again for online orders. It took them nearly 2 weeks to dispatch my last order and 6 weeks for them to acknowledge and respond to my email query.

With my other orders, it took CEX 2 days to dispatch and deliver my items. How come this is taking so long?
Dunno mate. They are ****ing useless online.
stuarthanley

Dunno mate. They are ****ing useless online.

Im getting worried now, lets hope for the best
bo84gle

sorry am just on the bam up. cex are usually quite bad for delivery could … sorry am just on the bam up. cex are usually quite bad for delivery could arrive tomoz or in weeks

Where does the 2.50 for the delivery go to then
pretty sure it is ment to be 1st class
ill let you guys know what happens. Hope its good
aaronlovesfood

Where does the 2.50 for the delivery go to thenpretty sure it is ment to … Where does the 2.50 for the delivery go to thenpretty sure it is ment to be 1st class

It may well be first class, but they have to pack and send it first and thats where the problems are!
cdm22

It may well be first class, but they have to pack and send it first and … It may well be first class, but they have to pack and send it first and thats where the problems are!

I agree. It may get sent first class but its picked & packed by a blind, mentally challenged chimp!
I ordered a tablet last week around midday. It was delivered early the very next morning.
forceawakens

I ordered a tablet last week around midday. It was delivered early the … I ordered a tablet last week around midday. It was delivered early the very next morning.

How long did it take to dispatch?
stuarthanley

I agree. It may get sent first class but its picked & packed by a blind, … I agree. It may get sent first class but its picked & packed by a blind, mentally challenged chimp!

Just checked website, Still has not dispatched
Given it arrived at my door in under 24 hours it must have been dispatched immediately! It was over £100. Which tablet did you buy?
forceawakens

Given it arrived at my door in under 24 hours it must have been … Given it arrived at my door in under 24 hours it must have been dispatched immediately! It was over £100. Which tablet did you buy?

Asus Memo pad HD 7
How much?
forceawakens

How much?

aaronlovesfood

It says on the website that anything over 40.00 requires a signiture
Guessing that value would be Royal Mail or Yodel etc so your looking at 2 day dispatch plus 5 working days delivery.
forceawakens

Guessing that value would be Royal Mail or Yodel etc so your looking at 2 … Guessing that value would be Royal Mail or Yodel etc so your looking at 2 day dispatch plus 5 working days delivery.

Its nearly been 3 days now. do you mean another 3 days?
aaronlovesfood

Its nearly been 3 days now. do you mean another 3 days?

for the dispatch
Assuming you placed your order at the weekend, which means it has been 2 working days and it is not showing any order update. I would check again tomorrow because they should dispatch within 3 working days! As a general rule the cheaper the item the less priority they give to p&p.
forceawakens

Assuming you placed your order at the weekend, which means it has been 2 … Assuming you placed your order at the weekend, which means it has been 2 working days and it is not showing any order update. I would check again tomorrow because they should dispatch within 3 working days! As a general rule the cheaper the item the less priority they give to p&p.

Ill give you an update tomorrow ☺
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants