Found 17th Mar 2009
deleted

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
7 Comments

dont you have winscreen replacement on your car insurance,then you only pay £50 and does not affect your ncb

if your insured fully comp then you'll just have a glass excess (about £60ish) which wont affect your NCB.

mephistodan;4660970

stupidly, my insurance doesn't cover it

You sure, its normally standard! Windscreens normally cost about £300! might be worth claiming and paying xs is you got no windscreen cover?

mephistodan;4661015

Unfortunately, I'm sure, when I bought the insurance there was an option … Unfortunately, I'm sure, when I bought the insurance there was an option that has windscreen cover and another that's not, I chose the one without, now I know how stupid.Thanks for the reply, so you think that £300 is the norm? I might just sell the car instead then.

Its about that, when i had mine replaced through my insurance i asked the auto windscreens chap how much it would have cost and im sure it was around that price (for a vectra screen). Cant you upgrade your insurance for a small fee and claim in a week or two?

Original Poster

MANJ_007;4661081

Its about that, when i had mine replaced through my insurance i asked the … Its about that, when i had mine replaced through my insurance i asked the auto windscreens chap how much it would have cost and im sure it was around that price (for a vectra screen). Cant you upgrade your insurance for a small fee and claim in a week or two?

Thanks for the reply,
Didn't know that's possible, is it?

You don't say how big the crack is.
There are places that can repair windscreens, up to a limit.
Do a google search for it.

Autoglass repair, Autoglass replace...

They do say the tiny crack can turn into a big bad boy...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769489
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2557
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522871
    4. Follow-up to the closure of Kids Company in 2015.1017

See more discussions