Deleted and itunes program called Bonjour by mistake.......

Found 15th Oct 2009
Hi
Deleted an itunes program called Bonjour which apparently is needed for itunes. When i try to start itunes it tells me bonjour needs to be installed and to do this i must delete itunes and then reinstall itunes.
Wont this loose everything i have.
I have no bck up copy. i deleted the bonjour last night from the add remove programs as i thought it must be some old educational program we dont use anymore it never said it had anything to do with itunes. The reason i was deleting stuff was to tidy up the computer so that i could then copy everything as i have just bought an external hard drive.
I dare not uninstall itunes can anyone help. i am scared i have lost everything.

1. Misc
  2. iTunes
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. iTunes
7 Comments

Just reinstall ]Bonjour

Download Itunes and install, it will just replace the Application not your folder with all your music. If you are worried back up your iTunes Music Folder.

Or simply do the above, but sometimes you delete a bit more than just Bonjour and that causes a bigger mess.

Original Poster

Celticsun;6584806

Download Itunes and install, it will just replace the Application not … Download Itunes and install, it will just replace the Application not your folder with all your music. If you are worried back up your iTunes Music Folder.Or simply do the above, but sometimes you delete a bit more than just Bonjour and that causes a bigger mess.

Are you saying i can just go to itunes and download the whole thing again and it will just i guess for the simpleton like me write over the itunes i already have...will that then store all my existing music.

Repped you both by the way thanks

copy your itunes folder to your dekstop with your music
then reinstall itunes, then drag it back to where they were in the first place.

Goofey's Girl;6584883

Are you saying i can just go to itunes and download the whole thing again … Are you saying i can just go to itunes and download the whole thing again and it will just i guess for the simpleton like me write over the itunes i already have...will that then store all my existing music.Repped you both by the way thanks

Yes But because you probably have lots of lovely music and computers have a way of doing things they are not supposed to it may be worth doing what t0mm suggests. (as you are already backing up to an external HDD, it probably wouldn't hurt to back up your iTunes Music Folder anyway)

Original Poster

Celticsun;6585056

Yes But because you probably have lots of lovely music and computers have … Yes But because you probably have lots of lovely music and computers have a way of doing things they are not supposed to it may be worth doing what t0mm suggests. (as you are already backing up to an external HDD, it probably wouldn't hurt to back up your iTunes Music Folder anyway)

Thanks to you all guys....felt totally panicked earlier...a bit annoyed with myself for just deleting the small program but it showed nothing to do with apple or itunes and said i hadnt used it in ages.
Thanks everyone.

Original Poster

t0mm;6584909

copy your itunes folder to your dekstop with your musicthen reinstall … copy your itunes folder to your dekstop with your musicthen reinstall itunes, then drag it back to where they were in the first place.

Will do cheers.
Post a comment
@
    Text