Groups

Deleted recovery partition HELP !

I accidently unallocated the recovery partition on my hard drive, anyone know how i can get it and the data back ?

Rep left for all that can help , thanks

9 Comments

As long as you have not created a new partition, it can be easily recovered using Get Data Back For NTFS or Get Data Back For FAT32 depending on how the partition was formatted.

Original Poster

All i did was right click and unallcate

deanos;6312032

All i did was right click and unallcate

In that case the above software will place the several bytes of data within the 1st sector to restore the partition. The partition is still there but a few bytes of data are wiped during a reallocate.

Original Poster

Well i dont understand annything you are saying LOL

Im downloading the software now so hopefully it will be easy to use,

right click my computer select manage
    your drive should be under disk management
    from there you can reallocate your drive

deathtrap3000;6313558

right click my computer select manageyour drive should be under disk … right click my computer select manageyour drive should be under disk managementfrom there you can reallocate your drive

Are you sure that will recover a partition rather than create an exsiting new partion which will consequently exacerbate the situation? When a partition has been unallocated and recovery is required it requires recreating the structure, or placeholders, if you like as the partition is not physically removed. Creating a new partition again not only recreates the structure but will blank out the file system tables.

Original Poster

Ive managed to recover it, what i did was use Get Back Data, then save the files to my external drive, reallocate the partition then copy the files back.

Thanks for the help , thats a great program even i could use it !

Rep left

deanos;6316743

Ive managed to recover it, what i did was use Get Back Data, then save … Ive managed to recover it, what i did was use Get Back Data, then save the files to my external drive, reallocate the partition then copy the files back.Thanks for the help , thats a great program even i could use it !Rep left

Well done but be aware that the partition may well be a bootable partition. The recovery files you copied across may or may not run from a single executable within Windows and may be designed to run from boot up.

Original Poster

Ah right, ive got all the backup disks anyway incase it dosent work
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway11
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would28110
      3. Underrated/unappreciated movies.2841
      4. word association Game74044555

See more discussions