Deleted Volume in Computer Management......

i have deleted a drive in disk management and now i cant get it back? any ideas? ive tried restarting, removing all drives and restarting so they all reinstall and even pluggin the drive into a differant sata port, the drive is seen on startup.

9 Comments

Could you post a screen shot of the Computer Management window?
Sounds like you deleted a partition? If so, try a recovery tool. Can't recommend any freeware ones as I use Acronis which is 'paid for'.
google.co.uk/sea…rch

Original Poster

here is a link for the screenshot : ]http//i4…jpg

it is not a partition, its a seperate drive, which is 160gb

there are 5 drives in my pc. 4 sata and 1 ide.

Original Poster

anyone?

I take it you've tried a refresh and a rescan disks? Didn't realise you could delete' a disk, thought you could only delete a partition...

Original Poster

yeah ive tried that, it shows up in the bios and in device manager. but not in my computer or computer management

according to your MMC console you only have 4 physical HDDs, the 160gb hdd you mention is a logical drive partition

Alfonse;6946914

according to your MMC console you only have 4 physical HDDs, the 160gb … according to your MMC console you only have 4 physical HDDs, the 160gb hdd you mention is a logical drive partition

That's his whole point - that the drive isn't showing up in computer management..There are 4 physical drives in comp management, but OP has 5 drives in total.

OP - If you put a Windows disk in, and start the install, does the missing drive show up in there? Ie will it let you install Windows to the drive? Obviously you don't actually want to do that, but you can at least format it from there, and get it to show up again in Windows.

Babbabooey;6946928

That's his whole point - that the drive isn't showing up in computer … That's his whole point - that the drive isn't showing up in computer management..There are 4 physical drives in comp management, but OP has 5 drives in total.

ok, what was the point in the screen shot not showing it then :?

Alfonse;6946942

ok, what was the point in the screen shot not showing it then :?

None whatsoever :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions