Deliveroo Variable Charging

Posted 12th Jan
Watch out for Deliveroo!

They are doing variable charging on their delivery fees.

My flatmate and I were looking at Deliveroo, so delivery to the same location/same time and the same restaurants but for some (note not all, maybe 1/3 of the restaurants) Deliveroo was going to charge me something like a £5 delivery fee but my flatmate would only be charged £2.50

Also even more odd, when I used my same deliveroo account on a laptop and looked at the app on my iphone again for a few restaurants there was a different change, on the SAME account/same restaurant/etc e.g on the laptop the delivery fee was £3 on the iphone it was £3.50

The twitter response to this from Deliveroo is

"We're rolling this out at different speeds to customers across the UK. It will be visible to everyone in the coming weeks as we continue to further develop our offer and service."

I'm not sure how it was "visible" at all to me
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

7 Comments
Report your findings to trading standards
It wasn't visible to you because..... "It will be visible to everyone in the coming weeks"
steve.t12/01/2020 16:58

It wasn't visible to you because..... "It will be visible to everyone in …It wasn't visible to you because..... "It will be visible to everyone in the coming weeks"

Well it seemed like an answer to something else entirely. The question is "what" will be visible? That they are intentionally charging customers different delivery fees and that they charge different fees for the same account on a phone vs laptop?
It’s the same for me and my wife. Ordering from the same place with the same address and her delivery charge is £2.99 and mine is £4.99.

The only thing I can think of is that when I ordered for the first time I used the find my location box and dragged the pin to the house whereas she put in the actual address.

End result is that whenever we have Deliveroo she orders it and pays so I don’t care.
This has been in place since last year. Even if you use the app, clear data before logging in again and fees sometimes change.
Yes they cottoned on if you use apple phones you probably get charged more.
Never had this issue with Delieveroo... but will keep an eye out! They always send me money off codes..So hardly ever pay for delievery Hurray!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions