Groups

delivery broke my computer

bought a pc off timothyw9 and its broken upon arrival, only problem is i opted out of the insured delivery does that mean i cant claim compensation form tim or dhl?

the computer works ok but the case is creamed, the computer itself works fine i think

102 Comments

im sure your covered for upto X amout (not sure what that is thou). check T&C of the courier? Nout sure you can claim from TIm though, it aint his fault!?

Banned

did you sort out the courier or tim? if tim did then its really his problem

Original Poster

ok ill have a look

sassie;2996326

did you sort out the courier or tim? if tim did then its really his … did you sort out the courier or tim? if tim did then its really his problem

not it the OP stated he never wanted insurance. Tims packaged the item/s as best he could. its obviously in transit where the breakage occured :thumbsup:

Original Poster

tim did

I think they are still responsible. Call the courier - insurance or not they damaged it.

Original Poster

the item could of been packaged better but it was good enought to protect it from breaking i thought, looks liked its been lugged around

Original Poster

file only available in german

Banned

Disco;2996363

not it the OP stated he never wanted insurance. Tims packaged the item/s … not it the OP stated he never wanted insurance. Tims packaged the item/s as best he could. its obviously in transit where the breakage occured :thumbsup:

so i could get a pic of a wii thats immaculate, and one that in tatters, show the good one and send the knackered one and noone is responsible, it is the sellers responsibity to get the immaculate item to the buyer, no matter what method they use

Original Poster

i thought that sassie, and it should be him who is claiming not me but shouldnt he of demanded insurance if he didnt want this to happen?

Banned

Cluffy321;2996426

i thought that sassie, and it should be him who is claiming not me but … i thought that sassie, and it should be him who is claiming not me but shouldnt he of demanded insurance if he didnt want this to happen?

this is the difference between her and ebay, had it been through ebay and paypal you would be refunded, so on here folk can cut corners, they dont care as long as something sells because they think there is no comeback

and he is only 13...

Original Poster

it was bought via paypal, should i ask for a refund then?

Original Poster

maybe a partial refund

Have you spoken to Tim yet? Probably better to see what he says first.

Banned

Cluffy321;2996473

it was bought via paypal, should i ask for a refund then?

not sure on what paypals thing is on payments outside ebay, have you spoken to tim and what does he say about it

i think either of you can claim but it will be a nightmare anyway especially as the packaging wasnt great!
    i think this is something you need to make a mutual agreement on, and you should be asking him about it.

Original Poster

he told me i needed to claim but i wasnt to sure about that,thing is i still want the computer just want some compensation so i can buy a new case, you think its better for tim to claim then send the money my way, or send the money my way and then claim maybe?

Banned

Cluffy321;2996500

he told me i needed to claim but i wasnt to sure about that,thing is i … he told me i needed to claim but i wasnt to sure about that,thing is i still want the computer just want some compensation so i can buy a new case, you think its better for tim to claim then send the money my way, or send the money my way and then claim maybe?

tim should sort this out, it was his repsonsibilty to get it to you, whatever method was chosen he should have made sure it was covered, did you pay by gift?

Cluffy321;2996500

he told me i needed to claim but i wasnt to sure about that,thing is i … he told me i needed to claim but i wasnt to sure about that,thing is i still want the computer just want some compensation so i can buy a new case, you think its better for tim to claim then send the money my way, or send the money my way and then claim maybe?

If you want to keep it then I'm not sure there is a way around it unless he agrees to a partial refund.

Original Poster

i think i paid by gift so that could be an issue

Banned

sassie;2996435

this is the difference between her and ebay, had it been through ebay and … this is the difference between her and ebay, had it been through ebay and paypal you would be refunded, so on here folk can cut corners, they dont care as long as something sells because they think there is no comeback

but the seller offered insured delivery which the OP declined to pay so its a bit harsh to blame Tim IMHO

Banned

Cluffy321;2996549

i think i paid by gift so that could be an issue

then you will have to rely on tim, there is nnothing you can do on paypals side, a gift can not be disputed

Banned

csiman;2996555

but the seller offered insured delivery which the OP declined to pay so … but the seller offered insured delivery which the OP declined to pay so its a bit harsh to blame Tim IMHO

as it is the sellers resonsibilty to get it to the buyer in one piece, then the seeler shouldnt have sold it, both parties are sorta to blame for the keenness on doing things on the cheap, but only one of them becomes better off by it, the seller dont give two hoots as hes got his dosh no matter what happens, personally i wouldnt deal with someone like that, whilst others will learn the hard way

You even asked him to pack it well here hotukdeals.com/ite…=79

But that's what you expect when you deal with kids. I personaly think that sales should be limited to over 16's at the very least.

I think you need to put in a claim with DHL, remember you only have 7 days from reciept and they need it in writing by then. You wont be allowed to keep the pc though I would'nt of thought.

as far as I know all deliveries are insured by DHL hence the signature upon delivery. Their minimum delivery service has £50 of transit cover, which should be more than enough for a new case.

The person to claim will be the person with the original receipt (yellow invoice).

You can call DHL Customer services on 08704444295, they will be able to offer you more information.

Original Poster

ill talk to tim and refer him to this thread, what would work out best for me would be if tim could send me a partial refund and then he can claim accordingly, does everyone think that is fair?

Cluffy321;2996687

ill talk to tim and refer him to this thread, what would work out best … ill talk to tim and refer him to this thread, what would work out best for me would be if tim could send me a partial refund and then he can claim accordingly, does everyone think that is fair?

I don't think he'd be able to claim with DHL for the money back for just the case, especially if you are keeping it. But phone DHL and ask them whats best to do :thumbsup:

Cluffy321;2996687

ill talk to tim and refer him to this thread, what would work out best … ill talk to tim and refer him to this thread, what would work out best for me would be if tim could send me a partial refund and then he can claim accordingly, does everyone think that is fair?

NO
    if you refused to pay for the insured delivery why on earth should he then pay?

You had the chance to pay for the insurance but didnt.
    Yes ask him to claim through the courier, but if they dont pay then it's tough luck

If I ever buy anything of any value I'll pay the extra £1 or 4 to make sure its insured.

you opting out of the insured delivery should not be a problem because you (or seller) will not be claiming for the full value of the goods but just for the damage that has occured and as already stated dhl automatically insure all goods in transit for £50 anyway.

The claims you can make are either Loss, Part Loss, Damage or Other. In your case it should be damage. To claim dhl will need proof of value, photographic evidence and brief description of damage.

Syzable;2996581

You even asked him to pack it well here … You even asked him to pack it well here http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/239661/fs-computer-115-delivered-for-whole/showpost.php?p=2955682&postcount=79But that's what you expect when you deal with kids. I personaly think that sales should be limited to over 16's at the very least.

I think that's a tad harsh, i've dealt with Tim loads of times on here and i've never had a problem at all, he has sent me a PC monitor which was well wrapped as with the PC it's not insured as the courier don't insure them as standard but that arrived fine.

I do agree though with what's been said i.e. it is the sellers responsibility to ensure that the items arrive in the condition they was purchased. The only clause would be if the seller informed the buyer that if they sent it via the cheaper method it wouldn't be insured and as such the seller would not be liable for any damage in transit.

Muhammad;2997498

you opting out of the insured delivery should not be a problem because … you opting out of the insured delivery should not be a problem because you (or seller) will not be claiming for the full value of the goods but just for the damage that has occured and as already stated dhl automatically insure all goods in transit for £50 anyway.The claims you can make are either Loss, Part Loss, Damage or Other. In your case it should be damage. To claim dhl will need proof of value, photographic evidence and brief description of damage.

No as they all have a clause similar to this;

The following items are deemed unsuitable for shipment by our services, and are therefore restricted. Any of these items being sent may result in surcharges, delays or confiscation by authorities where appropriate. No transit cover or guarantees whatsoever will apply to these items. THESE ITEMS ARE SENT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Laptops / Monitors / Computers

RedIron;2997583

No as they all have a clause similar to this;The following items are … No as they all have a clause similar to this;The following items are deemed unsuitable for shipment by our services, and are therefore restricted. Any of these items being sent may result in surcharges, delays or confiscation by authorities where appropriate. No transit cover or guarantees whatsoever will apply to these items. THESE ITEMS ARE SENT AT YOUR OWN RISK.Laptops / Monitors / Computers

That is not correct, these goods are not restricted. DHL 'will' deliver and insure these goods. I have confirmed this by calling DHL on 02088188000. Please call yourself and find out (ask for customer services).

I commented earlier on personal experience.

I sent a laser printer through dhl by using its standard service (48hr, no extra insurance). It was delivered on time and in working condition but was damaged in transit.

The buyer sent pictures of the damage. I thought the right thing to do was to settle the transaction with the buyer by offering a partial refund, so I did which the buyer accepted.

I then went ahead and claimed compensation for the damage (i should still have the pics and the claim form in my computer). It took them just under 3 months but they finally sent a cheque for the compensation. It was for the amount I asked for and not the full value of the goods.

Syzable;2996581

You even asked him to pack it well here … You even asked him to pack it well here http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/239661/fs-computer-115-delivered-for-whole/showpost.php?p=2955682&postcount=79But that's what you expect when you deal with kids. I personaly think that sales should be limited to over 16's at the very least.

i agree about the age, ive pointed this out on another thread, that if they are underage and not old enough to have a paypal account this could render buyers without a leg to stand on?

and gift option shouldnt be used here either, no one learns on here do they ;-)

Right, can't be bothered reading the whole thread for answers, so i will start afresh.

You paid Timothy for the PC, and he said he was going to post it. Did he ask you if you wanted insured delivery, which you declined? If you personally declined insurance, then it is down to you. However, if you didn't decline insurance, or you wasn't asked, then it is down to Timothy to sort it out.

I'm sure there is a rule on here that says you have to be 16 in the FS/FT forum anyway? And in any case, there is certainly an age limit for Paypal, so he is lying about his age to them. If he doesn't sort this out adequately, i;d send an e-mail to Paypal informing them of his real age.

peodude;2997955

Right, can't be bothered reading the whole thread for answers, so i will … Right, can't be bothered reading the whole thread for answers, so i will start afresh.You paid Timothy for the PC, and he said he was going to post it. Did he ask you if you wanted insured delivery, which you declined? If you personally declined insurance, then it is down to you. However, if you didn't decline insurance, or you wasn't asked, then it is down to Timothy to sort it out.I'm sure there is a rule on here that says you have to be 16 in the FS/FT forum anyway? And in any case, there is certainly an age limit for Paypal, so he is lying about his age to them. If he doesn't sort this out adequately, i;d send an e-mail to Paypal informing them of his real age.

The FS FT rules say;

Please Note: Under 18's are able to use any forum and including the For … Please Note: Under 18's are able to use any forum and including the For Sale forum. Please bear this in mind when trading, as we are unable to confirm or take responsibility for the age of any user. We also suggest that you collect as much information and as many details as possible before starting to trade with anyone.

Paypal says

To be eligible for our Services, you must be at least 18 years old and a … To be eligible for our Services, you must be at least 18 years old and a resident of one of the countries listed on the PayPal Worldwide page.

It would be a bit unfair for Cluffy to report Tim to Paypal anyway as I am sure he is also under the age of 18

RedIron;2997988

The FS FT rules say;Paypal saysIt would be a bit unfair for Cluffy to … The FS FT rules say;Paypal saysIt would be a bit unfair for Cluffy to report Tim to Paypal anyway as I am sure he is also under the age of 18

Plus he's also broken paypals rules about paying for goods by personal payment so he'd get himself in trouble at the same time :whistling:

masterbrown;2998034

Plus he's also broken paypals rules about paying for goods by personal … Plus he's also broken paypals rules about paying for goods by personal payment so he'd get himself in trouble at the same time :whistling:

Yes good point :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846213
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49394
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31156
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism35

See more discussions