Delivery for our address for somebody else!

Found 23rd Jul 2008
Hey

2 items were delivered to my address today for someone i've never heard of (not even the bloke who lived here before us!). The address and postcode are ours on both the couriers label and the delivery note attached to the items.

Do we have to actually do anything with the items as they were sent and delivered to our address or can we be cheeky and keep them?!

Ta!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
15 Comments

Legally no you cant keep them, but its only illegal if you get caught:whistling:

Did you sign for them?

keep them for a couple of weeks, if you dont hear anything, you got a couple of free gifts

it's not one of your neighbours is it? also did you have to sign for them?

Original Poster

Mum was housesitting at the time and happened to sign for them.

Original Poster

No it's not a neighbour that we are aware of. Plus it wouldn't be addressed to our number!

do you know what it is in them? i would keep them for a couple of weeks. I had a friend of mine have the same thing happen and they called the company up and they said they would send a courier out and they never turned up. you might get lucky

Hiya, a couple of weeks is not long enough, but I do know that is their responsibilty to collect them you do not have to send them back if they request it. They delivered them and they are required to pick it back up again.

It is an offence to open someone elses mail but i would try and find out where it came from and ring them to let them know what has happened. Perhaps someone has managed to steal your identity and the delivery is an indication of this - I would treat it quite seriously before thinking 'whey hey ive got some freebies!'
Sorry - i dont mean to scare you but I would take care with it

If they have been signed for the mistake will be realised at some point and will charge the person who signed for them if they don't return the items

mikewarren23;2590874

No it's not a neighbour that we are aware of. Plus it wouldn't be … No it's not a neighbour that we are aware of. Plus it wouldn't be addressed to our number!

they could have made a typo with the number

mikewarren23;2590874

No it's not a neighbour that we are aware of. Plus it wouldn't be … No it's not a neighbour that we are aware of. Plus it wouldn't be addressed to our number!

could be someone with the same postcode though and accidentally picked the wrong house no. from a list of addresses

someone stole your card and tried to make a purchase? instead they sent it to the card registered address which is yours. maybes, just check your accounts

mikewarren23;2590874

Not strictly true, I sent gifts to my brother via amazon and after them waiting weeks on them we discovered I'd sent them to the wrong number.

Similar thing could have happened here.

Its not uncommon for someone to use stolen card details, a strangers address and intercept parcels before they get delivered, usually this involves someone at the couriers and the cards used at a company who they know to use said couriers.

WE OFTEN get this but know now thanks to local post master that its because the 1 was missing like we no.20 and should be 120 i suppose if you given details verbally by phone easy enuff mistake to make
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19548053
    2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1981431
    3. Massive reductions on PSVR units - UK next?1118
    4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)75598

See more discussions