Delivery jobs

Posted 14th Apr
Hi anybody doing delivery jobs for major supermarkets or parcel delivery which are best payers etc how do I go about gettting 1 been self employed 15 years as a taxi driver need somthing to get back out all job sites point to wrong direction or is it me 🥴😳 tia
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Go into the stores in person. Quickest way. I know what you mean about websites, I believe that some of the sites actually tell you this, or the sites said this (when they were crying out for drivers) on their Twitter and Faecesbook sites.

I'm a coach driver, used to drive Chinese tourist round UK, our work started drying up around beginning of November - I think they knew there was a problem long before they announced it to the rest of the world. I was considering doing this but as I was on Furlough, and the rules are somewhat ambiguous*, I had to shelve that idea.

* Can do another job, but only outside contracted hours of your furloughed job. My contract is ' as dictated by the requirements of the job', guaranteed minimum 40 hours per week.
16 Comments
Search your local NHS jobs website. They're looking for drivers in the UK across all authorities
Beelivery....
Go into the stores in person. Quickest way. I know what you mean about websites, I believe that some of the sites actually tell you this, or the sites said this (when they were crying out for drivers) on their Twitter and Faecesbook sites.

I'm a coach driver, used to drive Chinese tourist round UK, our work started drying up around beginning of November - I think they knew there was a problem long before they announced it to the rest of the world. I was considering doing this but as I was on Furlough, and the rules are somewhat ambiguous*, I had to shelve that idea.

* Can do another job, but only outside contracted hours of your furloughed job. My contract is ' as dictated by the requirements of the job', guaranteed minimum 40 hours per week.
Misslovely15/04/2020 07:17

Comment deleted

That's criminal behaviour from China, not just disgusting. They should be paying back the rest of the world for the death they've caused and get heavily sanctioned by the UN. Time will tell if this one is let slide, but I doubt it.
Ringfinger15/04/2020 04:38

Go into the stores in person. Quickest way. I know what you mean about …Go into the stores in person. Quickest way. I know what you mean about websites, I believe that some of the sites actually tell you this, or the sites said this (when they were crying out for drivers) on their Twitter and Faecesbook sites. I'm a coach driver, used to drive Chinese tourist round UK, our work started drying up around beginning of November - I think they knew there was a problem long before they announced it to the rest of the world. I was considering doing this but as I was on Furlough, and the rules are somewhat ambiguous*, I had to shelve that idea. * Can do another job, but only outside contracted hours of your furloughed job. My contract is ' as dictated by the requirements of the job', guaranteed minimum 40 hours per week.

I'm in the exact same job and position as yourself. I got phoned up and asked to do rail replacement for 3 days. That took me off furlough and now I'm back on it for another 3 week's. I'd love another wee job but if my boss phones me and I can't come in because I'm driving for sometime else, I doubt I'll have a job to go back to.
I didn't understand a word of that maybe it's to early for me as others have
Before you jump in, if you’re intending to apply (or your accountant has done it on your behalf already) for furlough, then just remember that any income earned now will have to be declared to HMRC. I’m not sure how that will affect your furlough payment in June, but any recalculation by HMRC will be a lengthy process and the June payment may be delayed or withheld.
These newly created delivery jobs are aimed at those who are not on furlough, who were unemployed on 28th February, have no income or savings or not entitled to Government help.
They’ll probably all be zero hour contracts and you’ll be put on a list to ring as and when their regular staff ring in sick. Just because you’re offered a job, it doesn’t mean they’ll give you any work.
MildmanneredCalvin15/04/2020 08:39

That's criminal behaviour from China, not just disgusting. They should be …That's criminal behaviour from China, not just disgusting. They should be paying back the rest of the world for the death they've caused and get heavily sanctioned by the UN. Time will tell if this one is let slide, but I doubt it.

It will slide away
Misslovely15/04/2020 14:28

It will slide away

Likely, because nearly everyone has their head in the sand, starting from the prime minister himself!
MildmanneredCalvin15/04/2020 15:01

Likely, because nearly everyone has their head in the sand, starting from …Likely, because nearly everyone has their head in the sand, starting from the prime minister himself!

Iv heard people say let’s boycott and even have a war. But someone else said this on Facebook sky news if virus was from Iran or North Korea then it wouldn’t take long for a war
Misslovely15/04/2020 18:38

Iv heard people say let’s boycott and even have a war. But someone else s …Iv heard people say let’s boycott and even have a war. But someone else said this on Facebook sky news if virus was from Iran or North Korea then it wouldn’t take long for a war

Diplomatically, loads of pressure could be put on the Chinese. War is not the solution in this day and age.
MildmanneredCalvin15/04/2020 19:15

Diplomatically, loads of pressure could be put on the Chinese. War is not …Diplomatically, loads of pressure could be put on the Chinese. War is not the solution in this day and age.

i don't think we need to have a war in this day and age to sort out an argument but something needs to be done to stop this happening again in future. there needs to be come back for witholding vital information that can affect the rest of the world. we can't just move on and forget all about it, something needs to be done.
mutley115/04/2020 19:30

i don't think we need to have a war in this day and age to sort out an …i don't think we need to have a war in this day and age to sort out an argument but something needs to be done to stop this happening again in future. there needs to be come back for witholding vital information that can affect the rest of the world. we can't just move on and forget all about it, something needs to be done.

For a start eating weird animals like bats, pangolins, and massive snakes needs to be outlawed. It'll still keep happening but it'll move underground. Perhaps at least that way less people will be around wet markets. Trump has already gone in extreme overdrive today accusing the WHO about ' spreading' the pandemic
Misslovely15/04/2020 18:38

Iv heard people say let’s boycott and even have a war. But someone else s …Iv heard people say let’s boycott and even have a war. But someone else said this on Facebook sky news if virus was from Iran or North Korea then it wouldn’t take long for a war

War with the Chinese would be the end of us all absolutely pointless
It won’t happens
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions