Delivery not delivered

Posted 15th Nov
I'd like to know somebodys thoughts on this

had a mattress due to be delivered today. waited 2weeks for it and had a slot booked in today for 2-4pm

anyway I get a text at 10am stating delivery is delayed. received another text at 4pm stating delivery is 2 hours late and will be here soon

at 5.30pm I get a call from the courier saying that the mattress is slit open and black marks on mattress and he took photos of it this morning as it happened in the warehouse

so straight away I said don't bother bringing it to me. I've waited in since 2pm and know you are telling me it's damaged it cost me a grand so send it back

so I contacted the company we used to buy it from and he said we will get another one out to you for Monday

do I just accept what's happened or should I be doing something about it? if I cancel all together I doubt I'll get the mattress cheaper elsewhere you see
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
I'd sleep on it.
23 Comments
I'd sleep on it.
joyf453615/11/2019 18:35

I'd sleep on it.

Well that's going to be a bit difficult because I don't have a mattress to sleep on
Cancel and buy the mattress more expensively elsewhere for delivery Tuesday sounds like a plan
If you can't get it cheaper anywhere else i wouldn't kick up too much fuss.

However i would email the company you bought it from politely and say you wasted an afternoon and explain that the courier said he took pics in the morning saying it was damaged so why didnt the courier ring you in the morning saying this rather than at 5:30pm

Maybe the company will offer you a goodwill gesture, but i wouldn't ask for one.
Edited by: "m1keyp1key" 15th Nov
On a serious note how about asking for a mattress protector for your troubles. You shouldn't be sitting in all day awaiting delivery of goods that have been knowingly damaged. In fact it should never have been loaded on the vehicle.

Got to be worth a shot
OllieSt15/11/2019 18:42

On a serious note how about asking for a mattress protector for your …On a serious note how about asking for a mattress protector for your troubles. You shouldn't be sitting in all day awaiting delivery of goods that have been knowingly damaged. In fact it should never have been loaded on the vehicle. Got to be worth a shot

That's a good idea. Ill ask them tomorrow
OllieSt15/11/2019 18:42

On a serious note how about asking for a mattress protector for your …On a serious note how about asking for a mattress protector for your troubles. You shouldn't be sitting in all day awaiting delivery of goods that have been knowingly damaged. In fact it should never have been loaded on the vehicle. Got to be worth a shot

Get them to put the protector on pre dispatch by the sounds of it.

Hope you get it resolved, what a waste of time
SaltyExpert15/11/2019 19:11

Get them to put the protector on pre dispatch by the sounds of it.Hope you …Get them to put the protector on pre dispatch by the sounds of it.Hope you get it resolved, what a waste of time

I know I can't believe it. Just had to go get a blow up bed now for £25 because I got rid of the old mattress expecting the new one today as I was all booked in and getting updated via text
efc_4ever15/11/2019 19:23

I know I can't believe it. Just had to go get a blow up bed now for £25 … I know I can't believe it. Just had to go get a blow up bed now for £25 because I got rid of the old mattress expecting the new one today as I was all booked in and getting updated via text

We've had a similar experience with new settees the day before our daughters first birthday party.
Arranged a pick up for the old, new didn't arrive.
There was lots of phone calls and mithering that day.
Luckily a driver stepped in for overtime on the condition we helped him unload.
efc_4ever15/11/2019 19:23

I know I can't believe it. Just had to go get a blow up bed now for £25 …I know I can't believe it. Just had to go get a blow up bed now for £25 because I got rid of the old mattress expecting the new one today as I was all booked in and getting updated via text

You bought a blow up bed I’d be sleeping on the sofa. I’d definitely mention that to them as well, not that it will guarantee any reward. A little guilt trip never hurt anyone
JohnnyRoller15/11/2019 19:35

You bought a blow up bed I’d be sleeping on the sofa. I’d definitely m …You bought a blow up bed I’d be sleeping on the sofa. I’d definitely mention that to them as well, not that it will guarantee any reward. A little guilt trip never hurt anyone

3 of us at the minute on our bed lol. Me the wife and our 2yr old still in our bed at the minute
efc_4ever15/11/2019 19:55

I went with www.mattressonline.co.ukReviews look good which is why I went …I went with www.mattressonline.co.ukReviews look good which is why I went with them . Big mistake

Try Very then.

No!! No!! I'm only joking!! I guarantee you it would be even worse.
deeky15/11/2019 19:56

Try Very then.No!! No!! I'm only joking!! I guarantee you it would be even …Try Very then.No!! No!! I'm only joking!! I guarantee you it would be even worse.

Ye I was just having a quick read of them. Unbelievable how bad the review are for them
efc_4ever15/11/2019 19:55

I went with www.mattressonline.co.ukReviews look good which is why I went …I went with www.mattressonline.co.ukReviews look good which is why I went with them . Big mistake

Only judge them after their resolution that’s what defines a company. Couriers are just useless when it comes to large bulky/heavy items, so it’s not always the companies fault.
It’s not Arrow delivering is it?
claire751915/11/2019 20:04

It’s not Arrow delivering is it?

No they are called panther logistics
How did you get on with the price difference and cancellation that you were asking about in your other thread?
Haircut_10015/11/2019 20:13

How did you get on with the price difference and cancellation that you …How did you get on with the price difference and cancellation that you were asking about in your other thread?

They agreed to refund me the £94 difference which was good of them and they said they would get this other mattress out to me on Monday so I can't really fault them to be fair. It's just all down to the courier by the sounds of things. Think I just have to accept what's happened. Feel bit cheeky asking for anything else
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 15th Nov
I would have a moan and try to get another 10% off personally.
Some mattresses are delivered by the manufacturer, so there may even be a fourth party involved.
EndlessWaves15/11/2019 21:39

Some mattresses are delivered by the manufacturer, so there may even be a …Some mattresses are delivered by the manufacturer, so there may even be a fourth party involved.

I can't compute that
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants