Groups
    EXPIRED

Delivery reports costing 1p. Is this true?

Have just fund out iv been charged nearly £20 EXTRA for text messages
    (im on orange monthly with UNLIMITED texts)
    apparently its becuase i had delivery reports on

is this the same with every other network- first time im hearing they charge for delivery reports!

(yes i do send many texts- hence £20/2000 or so texts)

thanks

21 Comments

im on payg tmobile and have had delivery reports on for as long as i can remember, does not cost me a thing!why dont you try calling customer services?

They've always charged for delivery reports. Got told when I was upgrading my Orange phone.

I've never paid for delivery reports and i've always had them on

Original Poster

munz007;2781419

im on payg tmobile and have had delivery reports on for as long as i can … im on payg tmobile and have had delivery reports on for as long as i can remember, does not cost me a thing!why dont you try calling customer services?

yeh, they just said its best i switch off delivery reports. on orange pay as you go you dont get charged extra, only on contract- which is wierd

Original Poster

choc1969;2781429

They've always charged for delivery reports. Got told when I was … They've always charged for delivery reports. Got told when I was upgrading my Orange phone.

ahh, they never told me this when i got it

souljacker;2781432

on contract?

Banned

Can't see why you would need to pay for a delivery report. They should pay for their own texts they send like everyone else has to!

Original Poster

guv;2781484

Can't see why you would need to pay for a delivery report. They should … Can't see why you would need to pay for a delivery report. They should pay for their own texts they send like everyone else has to!

just a very sneaky way to make abit of money i think. first i thought they were lieing to me (hence the thread)

anyone know which network does NOT charge for delivery reports. im tempted by the o2 deal posted on this site just recentley

I'm with Virgin - not getting charged as I only pay the £15 per month unless they are taking it off my txt allowance, I'm fairly sure they aren't though.

Was with O2 they didn't charge me either but that was over a year ago, so I'd get confirmation from elsewhere on that

Banned

monkeybrains;2781551

just a very sneaky way to make abit of money i think. first i thought … just a very sneaky way to make abit of money i think. first i thought they were lieing to me (hence the thread)

Yeh I realise that. I was just thinking out loud how they could get away with charging you for a text that they sent!

nyone know which network does NOT charge for delivery reports. im tempted … nyone know which network does NOT charge for delivery reports. im tempted by the o2 deal posted on this site just recentley

Dunno to be honest. My tariff has 1000 free texts per month. If I use 5 I've really pushed the boat out! The O2 simplicity one does now seem to be unlimited texts (Though we all know unlimited means its not that!!!!)

Original Poster

and for people thinking just switch of delivery reports, which is the best option- but if your texting someone who keeps a phone off during important meetings or is underground or other no network reception areas- delivery reports come in quite handy to know the other person got the text or not

pay as you go charge, if you have inclusive texts they don't seem to.

Vodafone don't charge for delivery reports :thumbsup:

O2 don't do delivery reports I don't think. I've never got them to work anyway! lol

Banned

umanga;2782073

O2 don't do delivery reports I don't think. I've never got them to work … O2 don't do delivery reports I don't think. I've never got them to work anyway! lol

They most certainly do.

I have never known any provider charge for delivery reports.

umanga;2782073

O2 don't do delivery reports I don't think. I've never got them to work … O2 don't do delivery reports I don't think. I've never got them to work anyway! lol

i never got them to work either when I was with them!

umanga;2782073

They DONT as far as the public is concerned.

I was a network engineer and know all about delivery reports and how the networks work etc

However you can force your mobile to give you a delivery report

Start your text with *0# then your message then you'll get a delivery report.
    (not many people know that:) :whistling:

souljacker;2781432

same here, but will be looking at the bill closely. £15 a month for 400 mins/100 texts

bitseylango;2782137

i never got them to work either when I was with them!

If you turn delivery reports on, on your phone with O2 it doesn't work, however what you have to do is type *0# at the begining of the txt message (I had it saved as a template) the person you're sending the txt to doesn't see this but you will get a delivery report :thumbsup:

We discovered this charge on orange contract a few weeks ago, I just assumed it was an orange policy as no other providers have ever charged. I may give them a call and see what they say.

yeah orange charge for delivery reports. just turn them off in future
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1219
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33

See more discussions