Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Delivery went missing amazon wants me to sign a "declaration of truth"

Posted 18th May 2019
All sorted now thanks lol

I ordered a laptop form amazon waited all day was tracking the driver it said 2 stops near me then it went to driver making other delivery and will be there shortly for next 4 hours, i called amazon was promised i get it on that day and said they will contact driver and warehouse etc. I was tracking the driver and they were blocks away form me when it went delivered.

Called CS at amazon spoke to a manager and was told wait till this date and if you dont receive we give you refund on replacement he we sort it out and you wont lose out they even stated that on email to just request a refund or replacment if i dont get it . I emailed them back and they send me this.

We're investigating this matter with the carrier and will contact you once we have had a reply.The maximum time-frame for reply is 48-hours.

For us to be able to process a refund or replacement item for you we request that you print, complete and sign the following confirmation:

I received confirmation from Amazon on ______________[date] that this order had been delivered. However, to the best of my knowledge and belief the item(s) ordered were not delivered to the address I specified in the order and noted above, and I have been unable to locate them. I have / have not received a delivery card at my address informing me that the item has been left with a neighbour or in a safe place.

Declaration of truth: I hereby acknowledge and confirm that this statement (consisting of one page signed by me) is true to the best of my knowledge and belief and I make it knowing that it may be submitted in evidence, where the contents will be referred to, and I may be liable to prosecution if I have wilfully stated in it anything which I know to be false or do not believe to be true. “

Signature:________________________________

Date:________________________

Even thou i did not received it im not sure if i shod sine a legal binding declaration, say if they insist i did receive and take legal action or refer it to the police.

Any advice please ?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
If you've done no wrong I see no issue, sign and move on
milkshake2218/05/2019 16:55

Yes seam only way i just spoke to american cs and they said courier saying …Yes seam only way i just spoke to american cs and they said courier saying was delivered so will need me to sine it the only way to get it replaced or refunded.

This may be going off on a tangent, but do you need somebody to cosine it?

Sew funny.
26 Comments
darlodge18/05/2019 15:59

I have the suspicion driver stole it and when i enquired abut it he scanned it as delivered. If they trace the location of driver and time it says delivered they wold see he wasn't near me but im sure that they wont bother investigating that.
they just need that to charge the courier for it
spamabsorbed18/05/2019 16:05

they just need that to charge the courier for it

delivery was by amazon its there own courier
whats my legal options since on email they said they will replace or refund and never mention any declaration etc ? Surely that can be interpreted as they agreing to refund .
Edited by: "milkshake22" 18th May 2019
It's to deter fraudsters, if you are telling the truth then sign it. It's your word against the couriers, if you aren't willing to put it into writing then it's hard for them to accuse him of lying
As others have said, I wouldn't worry that it is a legal statement that you have been asked to sign. You are only signing a statement that you have already made anyway.
milkshake2218/05/2019 16:09

delivery was by amazon its there own courier

I know.. but still somebody will have it off their wage
AndyRoyd18/05/2019 16:27

If legit not received: no …If legit not received: no issues.https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/amazon-wants-me-to-sign-a-declaration-of-truth-document-3180436

Well it is i was tracking the driver and as stated he was nowhere near me at time it says delivered, and if i cold see there location amazon can track it and look at it as well , my only issue is the driver wold not admit it will he so what will happen if amazon goes after me etc
You've paid for an item, it was not delivered, vehicle tracking will show courier was not near your house. Sign the Form, get your refund, don't sign the Form, they will ask why, perhaps you do have the item...
milkshake2218/05/2019 16:04

I have the suspicion driver stole it and when i enquired abut it he …I have the suspicion driver stole it and when i enquired abut it he scanned it as delivered. If they trace the location of driver and time it says delivered they wold see he wasn't near me but im sure that they wont bother investigating that.

Signing that declaration seems a perfectly reasonable request to me, and it would seem to be perfectly reasonable to refuse a refund if you are not willing to do so.
melted18/05/2019 16:43

Signing that declaration seems a perfectly reasonable request to me, and …Signing that declaration seems a perfectly reasonable request to me, and it would seem to be perfectly reasonable to refuse a refund if you are not willing to do so.

Yes seam only way i just spoke to american cs and they said courier saying was delivered so will need me to sine it the only way to get it replaced or refunded.
Are you worried because you actually received it and trying to pull a fast one?.

If not just sign the damn thing
deleted1471098
milkshake2218/05/2019 16:33

Well it is i was tracking the driver and as stated he was nowhere near me …Well it is i was tracking the driver and as stated he was nowhere near me at time it says delivered, and if i cold see there location amazon can track it and look at it as well , my only issue is the driver wold not admit it will he so what will happen if amazon goes after me etc

Amazon could get the police involved they can access things such as tracking info and even mobile phone records etc with a court order. If the police got involved you would have to make a statement in a similar way to that document. Just sign it unless you have something to hide?
milkshake2218/05/2019 16:33

Well it is i was tracking the driver and as stated he was nowhere near me …Well it is i was tracking the driver and as stated he was nowhere near me at time it says delivered, and if i cold see there location amazon can track it and look at it as well , my only issue is the driver wold not admit it will he so what will happen if amazon goes after me etc

Amazon don't have any evidence that it was delivered to you since it wasn't, they might be able to produce an electronic signature made by whoever has got it that doesn't match yours, they might even have tracking data to show the van went near your property, but it will be the driver's word against yours, I really wouldn't worry about signing a truthful statement.
Edited by: "melted" 18th May 2019
melted18/05/2019 17:05

Amazon don't have any evidence that it was delivered to you since it …Amazon don't have any evidence that it was delivered to you since it wasn't, they might be able to produce an electronic signature made by whoever has got it that doesn't match yours, they might even have tracking data to show the van went near your property, but it will be the driver's word against yours, I really wouldn't worry about signing a truthful statement.

I sent them the statment , there is possibly even CCTV cameras that neighbour has covering the street but not sure if they record 24/7 and dont know them personally but will ask if they have recording if amazon stile refuse to refund .
Edited by: "milkshake22" 18th May 2019
Why are you so worried about it? If you didn't receive the delivery sign the declaration and get your refund or replacement.

If you are lying you better come clean now or amazon will throw you into the gulag
milkshake2218/05/2019 16:55

Yes seam only way i just spoke to american cs and they said courier saying …Yes seam only way i just spoke to american cs and they said courier saying was delivered so will need me to sine it the only way to get it replaced or refunded.

This may be going off on a tangent, but do you need somebody to cosine it?

Sew funny.
deleted238866
deleted1781218/05/2019 21:04

This may be going off on a tangent, but do you need somebody to cosine …This may be going off on a tangent, but do you need somebody to cosine it?Sew funny.

Or if not cosine it, at least log it.
Tell them you can't print it as you need a laptop to connect to your printer has it has no wireless capability to print from your phone
deleted1781218/05/2019 21:04

This may be going off on a tangent, but do you need somebody to cosine …This may be going off on a tangent, but do you need somebody to cosine it?Sew funny.

They might be able to triangulate it.
In the days before emailing, tracking and internet orders. When making a formal complaint, people would write a letter, date and sign it with their complaint and expected resolution. I see this statement as no different to sending your own letter.
milkshake2218/05/2019 18:34

I sent them the statment , there is possibly even CCTV cameras that …I sent them the statment , there is possibly even CCTV cameras that neighbour has covering the street but not sure if they record 24/7 and dont know them personally but will ask if they have recording if amazon stile refuse to refund .

Sorted by this or something else?
eslick19/05/2019 20:56

Sorted by this or something else?

They investigate took them 4 days refused to tell me anything but said I waited enuff and just issued refund , probably saw driver wasnt near me when deliverd and stile being investigated.
milkshake2221/05/2019 16:32

They investigate took them 4 days refused to tell me anything but said I …They investigate took them 4 days refused to tell me anything but said I waited enuff and just issued refund , probably saw driver wasnt near me when deliverd and stile being investigated.

Order showed on Sunday that it was handed to the resident, we weren’t in and no card. Went through a process with them they could check to the house on GPS where it was scanned and went on Google street view to check it, turned out it had been given to a neighbour but not our usual one. Didn’t realise they could check to that close.

Glad you you you got sorted.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants