Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid

Delivery went missing amazon wants me to sign a "declaration of truth"

Posted 18th May 2019
All sorted now thanks lol

I ordered a laptop form amazon waited all day was tracking the driver it said 2 stops near me then it went to driver making other delivery and will be there shortly for next 4 hours, i called amazon was promised i get it on that day and said they will contact driver and warehouse etc. I was tracking the driver and they were blocks away form me when it went delivered.

Called CS at amazon spoke to a manager and was told wait till this date and if you dont receive we give you refund on replacement he we sort it out and you wont lose out they even stated that on email to just request a refund or replacment if i dont get it . I emailed them back and they send me this.

We're investigating this matter with the carrier and will contact you once we have had a reply.The maximum time-frame for reply is 48-hours.

For us to be able to process a refund or replacement item for you we request that you print, complete and sign the following confirmation:

I received confirmation from Amazon on ______________[date] that this order had been delivered. However, to the best of my knowledge and belief the item(s) ordered were not delivered to the address I specified in the order and noted above, and I have been unable to locate them. I have / have not received a delivery card at my address informing me that the item has been left with a neighbour or in a safe place.

Declaration of truth: I hereby acknowledge and confirm that this statement (consisting of one page signed by me) is true to the best of my knowledge and belief and I make it knowing that it may be submitted in evidence, where the contents will be referred to, and I may be liable to prosecution if I have wilfully stated in it anything which I know to be false or do not believe to be true. “



Even thou i did not received it im not sure if i shod sine a legal binding declaration, say if they insist i did receive and take legal action or refer it to the police.

Any advice please ?
Community Updates