Delivery with MyGeekBox

Posted 28th Sep
Has anyone had any experience with mygeekbox.co.uk which looked like a UK site to me. However on checking my tracking info my order is being sent from the US. Obviously I concerned about custom charges now. Anyone order from them before and get charged customs fees?
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
This is all it says
38561027-USx7D.jpg
yeah, I saw that, not much help though as that would seem to apply to an item posted from within the UK, and my item has been posted from the US. Thanks for having a look though.
Previous comment waiting for mod'n, so summary would be: t&c page says you've probably already paid the (import) VAT cos "All prices shown are inclusive of VAT". Should be no issue if order is below £135.
T&C page states orders placed within UK are serviced by a UK-based company and legal jurisdiction is English courts. Also states "All prices shown are inclusive of VAT" so if your order confirmation and invoice shows a VAT amount you have already paid the (import) VAT, so your total order value inc p&p&ins would need to be over about £135 to be liable for duty.
mygeekbox.co.uk/inf…ist
gov.uk/goo…uty
I'm pretty sure that Mygeekbox is part of The Hut group, which owns Zavvi and IWOOT, so it would definitely be a UK company with it's headquarters in Manchester I believe. I would be very suprising to receive an item direct fto your door from the USA by them, send them an email and see what they say.

38561460-Gl1I7.jpg
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 28th Sep
AndyRoyd28/09/2019 02:23

T&C page states orders placed within UK are serviced by a UK-based company …T&C page states orders placed within UK are serviced by a UK-based company and legal jurisdiction is English courts. Also states "All prices shown are inclusive of VAT" so if your order confirmation and invoice shows a VAT amount you have already paid the (import) VAT, so your total order value inc p&p&ins would need to be over about £135 to be liable for duty.https://www.mygeekbox.co.uk/info/terms-conditions.listhttps://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

Your reply did put me at ease so I let things move along to see how they worked out as I could tell from the tracking that the parcel was whizzing its way to me. DHL delivered it drom the US on sunday, where it cleared customs. A company called Customs Clearance UK then passed the parcel to Yodel who delivered it tuessay, no fees and not even a signiture required. So all fine though a pretty strange set up for a UK company.
Just to say this was a delivery from the States in about 6 days and I am still waiting fro a delivery from Glasgow by Hermes I ordered at the same time!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants