Groups

Dell and my rights

Summary.

Purchased a laptop in late November. It arrived, screen was faulty (Backlight issues). Dell arranged a engineer against my wishes who arrived and wrote a report saying since the laptop was so new I should push for a replacement.

Went back to Dell, never got back to me. Tried contacting various departments over the past few months, never with a reply (Also tried phoning with not much more success).

Today get a email saying the last time I contacted technical support was in November, and they won't give me a refund as the laptop is now more than 5 months old etc.

I don't want a replacement or repair as the case has dragged on so long the technology has dropped in price, what are my rights?

7 Comments

You have the right to a repair or a replacement.
    If it is repaired, you will be in the same position that you were previously.

Technology ALWAYS drops in price, so your reason for wanting a refund will be dismissed.

Banned

Contact a solicitor mate. They will kick there ****................honest and bloody tell them that's you are doing...................and do NOT back down...............watch them change there tune..............Really. Works everytime with these big companies.

Contact trading standards too........................and BBC Watchdog.

Go to town with these cretins...................

icemanonline

'Dell arranged a engineer against my wishes' just curious as to why you would want to refuse an engineer to visit and to why Dell have seemingly ignored his request. Was the engineer independent or one of their own?

Banned

If they have recorded the fact the engineer reported the fault as suggested and failed to deal with it, then they are banged to rights.

Under the SOGA you are entitled to a replacement or refund it a fault is found within 30 days or purchase. I believe that appear to have admitted that to be the case. Their own incompetance on dealing with it is neither here nor there.

Ring them back and ask them where you need to forward your small court summons to. If that doesnt shift their attitude, then go ahead and do it. You wont lose - and remind them you will also be adding all costs tot the final bill for something they should have sorted out a long time ago.

Good luck.

Dell subcontract their engineers, I assume the person wanted to refuse the engineer as they simply wanted a replacement. If that was the case though I would have just rejected the machine and sent it straight back.

I don't think you can do much until Dell have attempted a repair, if they continually botch it then you can push for a refund but I think you've left it too long to take any action for a refund.

John

Banned

Broxy;1882170

'Dell arranged a engineer against my wishes' just curious as to why you … 'Dell arranged a engineer against my wishes' just curious as to why you would want to refuse an engineer to visit and to why Dell have seemingly ignored his request. Was the engineer independent or one of their own?

I can completely understand why he wouldnt want an engineer to visit. Obviously they wanted to repair the equipment instead of replacing it. They tried that with me once and I insisted I had a replacement sent and refused a repair as per my SOGA rights. They complied. Funnily, they never bothered to collect the duff one - which is still sitting in the shed awaiting their attention!

guv;1882199

I can completely understand why he wouldnt want an engineer to visit. … I can completely understand why he wouldnt want an engineer to visit. Obviously they wanted to repair the equipment instead of replacing it. They tried that with me once and I insisted I had a replacement sent and refused a repair as per my SOGA rights. They complied. Funnily, they never bothered to collect the duff one - which is still sitting in the shed awaiting their attention!

Fair enough can understand now
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891111
      2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2950
      3. Sad news about Barcelona24103
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?24106

See more discussions