Dell are telling me I can't cancel an Outlet Order!

Found 9th Apr 2012
I ordered a system from Dell Outlet a few days ago, i put it under my business name to claim expenses. I logged back on today I found a better deal.

To make sure I don't miss out I ordered another laptop, and called Dell. Dell are telling me they'll try to cancel but as my original laptop is 'in production' (what are they producing - its an Outlet order!?) they might not be able to cancel it.

Anyone been in a similar situation?

Zak.
Community Updates
MiscDell
14 Comments

i put it under my business name to claim expenses

Mistake business purchases are not covered by DSR's.
realblender

You cant do anything. You also are a business customer and so cannot … You cant do anything. You also are a business customer and so cannot refuse delivery and use DSR. Be happy with your new laptop.

snap
Original Poster
harlzter

Mistake business purchases are not covered by DSR's.

So what can I do? Is it a waste of time to rely on them to cancel - even though they said they'd try?
Hate to say it but like the others above as a business purchase you are not protected by DSR.
All I can suggest is read the wording on the contract/T&C and see if there are any get out clauses.
Original Poster
realblender

You cant do anything. Only goodwill can help you and that depends on you … You cant do anything. Only goodwill can help you and that depends on you speaking to the right people in the right way.

I ordered from the Home & Office Section, and I'm also not a registered business. Am I still bound to their business T&C?
why bother looking again if you had already ordered?

you'll always get better outlet deals if you check back days or weeks later

Original Poster
OK I get it, theres nothing I can do. Just wait and see what they say.

But, she also said the laptop I just ordered has a better chance of being cancelled as it's on hold at the moment, I said I wanted that so I didnt want to cancel.

If I had any idea of what the likelyhood is of them cancelling the original order I'd consider cancelling this new order.
Original Poster
realblender

No you are bound to the Home & Office Section T&C. There is a returns … No you are bound to the Home & Office Section T&C. There is a returns policy on that but you will loose postage.EDIT: As postage is usually free, I reckon you can refuse delivery and all will be fine and they treat you as a normal customer.

OK I've clicked the T&C link in my e-mail and it takes me to the standard T&C with returns / cooling off period etc. But it states:

"1.2 If you are purchasing Product(s) and/or Services for the purposes of your trade, business, craft or profession, please refer to Dell's Terms and Conditions for the Sale of Products & Services to Business Customers."

Would anyone be able to advise as to where I stand with this? As I said I'm a sole trader and not a business.
Banned
You have already been told, business to business sales are not subject to the DSR's. You have no right to return. If you are a sole trader you are a business, not sure why you think you aren't?
Original Poster
Thanks for all the help guys, the order has been cancelled.

On another note I'm chuffed with the deal I got from the Outlet:

Inspiron 17R - N7110 Laptop

6 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz Memory (2 DIMMs) 1X4GB+1X2GB
Hard Drive : 500GB Serial ATA (5400RPM)
Wireless: Dell Wireless 1702 (802.11b/g/n) + Bluetooth v3.0
English Genuine Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium (64Bit OS)
8X DVD+/-RW Drive
LCD Back Cover : Diamond Black Cover [Switchable Lid]
6 Cell Primary Battery, 48W
Processor: Intel Core i5-2450M (2C/4T, 2.5GHz, 3M Cache)
17.3 inch High Definition+ (1600 x 900) LED Display with TrueLife
Power Supply: 130W AC Adapter
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
Graphics: 2 GB nVidia GeForce GT 525M - Dual Core
Certified Refurbished

Total £403 (+ maybe quidco)!

Did you put down your business details for the invoice address or the delivery address.
If it's delivery address only and used personal details for invoice then your a private buyer. However if you used your business details for the invoice then its a business deal.

At the end of the day you entered details to allow you to offset it against Tax, in which case it is a business transaction. If it was as a private purchase then you were trying to evade paying tax essentially so please consider what you wanted and stick with it. You can't have DSR and tax offset benefits.
Zak_K

OK I've clicked the T&C link in my e-mail and it takes me to the standard … OK I've clicked the T&C link in my e-mail and it takes me to the standard T&C with returns / cooling off period etc. But it states:"1.2 If you are purchasing Product(s) and/or Services for the purposes of your trade, business, craft or profession, please refer to Dell's Terms and Conditions for the Sale of Products & Services to Business Customers."Would anyone be able to advise as to where I stand with this? As I said I'm a sole trader and not a business.

i put it under my business name to claim expenses

You made the choice to lie in order to gain percuniary advantage by deception or whatever the current term is (fancy name for fraud). You live with it.

D.o.a : It's a Dell
Why are you fussed when your trying to claim expenses anyway.

Irony or karma in this situation,
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants