Dell complaint?

Found 4th Jan 2008
Hey there,

Just bought myself a new Dell PC, just wondering if anyone know how I can get some compensation from Dell?

I thought there was a thread about this, but i couldn't find the link anymore??
Or any suggestion on getting the compensation from them??

Thanks a lot,

1. Misc
  2. Dell
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Dell
17 Comments

You don't say what you want the compo for..what is wrong with it?
I had so many problems with my PC, I could not put up with one more lengthy telephone call to Delhi and went straight to my credit card company and demanded that they took equal liability in the matter. You must ensure that you have attempted to resolve the matter yourself before involving the CC company.

Dell were a nightmare - took my order and payment said they were out of stock - and took 2 months to get my money back

Delhi call centre insisted my money hadn't been taken - I had to wait for a bank statement and e-mail a copy of it

Nightmare..................

Original Poster

Is the PSU still missing a cable (P10) that is supposed to be there so that i can use a more powerful graphics card??? does the latest Dell PC has the P10 or not?? it's there on the online manual isn't it?

I bought the 22" Dell monitor that was posted on here last year and they twice changed the delivery date. I sent them a very polite email saying that it had been my first purchase from them and I was not impressed. A charming French gentleman rang me apologising and offering £20 compensation which I gratefully accepted. He then rang a few days later to check it had gone into my account. I was very impressed with their customer service especially when I noticed they had refunded the £20 twice to my account. I must ring them to tell them. :whistling:

Banned

fivefive;1416807

Is the PSU still missing a cable (P10) that is supposed to be there so … Is the PSU still missing a cable (P10) that is supposed to be there so that i can use a more powerful graphics card??? does the latest Dell PC has the P10 or not?? it's there on the online manual isn't it?

I understand it has been removed from the manual so you don't have a case I'm afraid.

Original Poster

csiman;1417715

I understand it has been removed from the manual so you don't have a case … I understand it has been removed from the manual so you don't have a case I'm afraid.

oh i see, so is there any other way i can get some compensation back from dell pls?? thanks

fivefive;1416807

Is the PSU still missing a cable (P10) that is supposed to be there so … Is the PSU still missing a cable (P10) that is supposed to be there so that i can use a more powerful graphics card??? does the latest Dell PC has the P10 or not?? it's there on the online manual isn't it?

Assuming the PSU is powerful enough to handle your Graphics Card (>400W), you could use a 'Y' cable splitter & insert it in the power line to the Optical Drive - Cost £2 & job done!

Original Poster

so did anyone managed to get like £20-£30 cashback from dell by complaining recently?? thanks

I have to admit I'm confused, what do you want the compensation for?

John

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;1420780

I have to admit I'm confused, what do you want the compensation for?John

to cut the cost of the pc, as i remember there was a thread on this, getting cashback from Dell by complaining to them, but i could not find that thread as the forum has changed it's style...

If its less than 7 days since u recieved the PC then phone up and say u want to return it as you can get a better spec pc somewhere else. Then see if they offer u compensation, if not then say upfront that youll keep the pc if they give you compensation.

Fivefive if you have a valid complaint against Dell please talk to them, if you have a complaint that hasnt been resolved after talking to them then they have an unresolved issues link here
If you are just trying to find a way to make your recent dell purchase cheaper then that crosses the line into what may be considered Fraud which will not be permitted here.

Original Poster

MikeT;1420943

Fivefive if you have a valid complaint against Dell please talk to them, … Fivefive if you have a valid complaint against Dell please talk to them, if you have a complaint that hasnt been resolved after talking to them then they have an unresolved issues link hereIf you are just trying to find a way to make your recent dell purchase cheaper then that crosses the line into what may be considered Fraud which will not be permitted here.

No, nobody is trying to commit fraud here, let's take the missing P10 connector as an example, just because the consumers don't use/need such cable for their graphics card doesn't mean that they should not complain to Dell and ask for compensation, because they are being ripped-off by Dell.

So all I am asking is whether anyone know about this kind of issues with our Dell PC, that we as a consumer should be aware of, just to make the deal fair, and not to be ripped-off by Dell.

MikeT;1420943

Fivefive if you have a valid complaint against Dell please talk to them, … Fivefive if you have a valid complaint against Dell please talk to them, if you have a complaint that hasnt been resolved after talking to them then they have an unresolved issues link ]hereIf you are just trying to find a way to make your recent dell purchase cheaper then that crosses the line into what may be considered Fraud which will not be permitted here.

Well said...as a Dell customer I don't want to have to pay extra for my machines because people are making up complaints to get money off their machines.

John

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;1421013

Well said...as a Dell customer I don't want to have to pay extra for my … Well said...as a Dell customer I don't want to have to pay extra for my machines because people are making up complaints to get money off their machines.John

Not sure if u remember what ppl (in this forum) did when those Dell PC with 22" inch dell PC were at a special offer last year, back then tons of ppl ordered, and they did call dell and ask for compensation on various things, p10 connector was one of reasons that a lot of people used (even though many don't use them because they weren't using a graphics card that was powerful enough to make use of it).

I guess you should blame on those people for making you pay extra for your Dell, not ME.

Plus there was a thread here teaching ppl how to get MORE compensation/cashback (primary purpose was to keep the cost down and not getting compensation for a real problem that they had) from Dell.

So you aren't the one that created this thread to try and find a fake complaint to get money from Dell? Because the existence of this thread suggests otherewise...

John

Most of the ppl who claimed from dell for the missing p10 on the psu were genuinely in need of it for a graphics card upgrade, i was one of them , i got a refund of £40 and then purchased my 500w psu replacement and graphics card.
If you have a genuine complaint about your system then dell customers services are very spot on to help you out, even though the language barrier is difficult. I was treated and so was my problem and any other niggles with my system delt with fantstically with upmost courtesy.
Post a comment
@
    Text