DELL COMPUTER - DVD REGION HELPPLEASE!!

hi, i've just received my new dell vostro 400 desktop...tried to play a DVD but it says that i need to change region and after that i can only change 4 more times!

but i buy lots of dvds in asia when i'm working there and i won't be able to change back and forth!

Does anyone know a way around this please?

many thanks

John

10 Comments

any dvd by slysoft will play any region dvd & remove other stuff also

If you have the option of setting it to Region 0 that should be all you'll ever need.

I'm not at home now but am sure it is possible to play Region 1 DVD's with the free VLC Media Player even though my DVD -ROM set to Region 2.

Regards

Dean

+1 for anydvd by slysoft (on the drive I can't put rpc1 firmware on)

Flubster

What type of dvd burner is fitted. Dell probably have their own firmware installed which is ****, never updated and the cheapest option is probably to ditch that burner and buy a new one. Depending on the make, it may be possible to reflash and install region free firmware.

Anydvd is one option, but it costs about £30. You can buy a new burner for £15.

KDH001;1667833

Anydvd is one option, but it costs about £30. You can buy a new burner … Anydvd is one option, but it costs about £30. You can buy a new burner for £15.

And VLC is cheaper still - completely free download. Just tested on my Dell and my recollection was right. It ignores region coding on the DVD so no need for any firmware changes. I'm not saying it's the best option but it is the cheapest/simplest.

Dean

Original Poster

That's great. thanks everyone!

If your looking for a region free firmware [url]www.rpc1.org[/url] lists most of the freely available ones.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764002
    2. Ebid over Ebay33
    3. Any PS4 News Here29213597
    4. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…11

See more discussions