Groups
    EXPIRED

Dell deals - do they still exist?

I am currently on the hunt for a base unit for my parents. I have had a look round the dell site and hotukdeals but it looks like the old deals have dried up - is this the case?

10 Comments

Have you tried Dell Outlet. It's usually worth a look and there can be some good bargains to be had.

Original Poster

Cheers both - I have had a look at the outlet but it seems like the prices are just about the same as the main site.

I will try and leave some rep when I work out where it has gone.

ttocswahs

Cheers both - I have had a look at the outlet but it seems like the … Cheers both - I have had a look at the outlet but it seems like the prices are just about the same as the main site.I will try and leave some rep when I work out where it has gone.

i'm in the same boat! i've been looking for a laptop deal myself but it just seems to be the same old prices everywhere and every time i check

Laptop here is best deal ive seen around, have bought 3 for work and 1 for personal use so far.

4leafed

Have you tried Dell Outlet. It's usually worth a look and there can be … Have you tried Dell Outlet. It's usually worth a look and there can be some good bargains to be had.

can defo confirm this! i've been checking it out every day for the past couple of weeks, waiting for a good 17" deal to pop up.. managed to get this for £600 last night:

Studio 1747
    17.3in High Definition+ LED with TrueLife
    Operating System English Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate (64 BIT)
    4096MB (2x2048) 1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel
    Hard Drive : 500GB Serial ATA (7200RPM)
    Graphics 1 GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
    Intel Core i7 720QM 1.6GHz (2.8 GHz Turbo Mode, 6MB Cache)
    Black Chainlink
    Camera Integrated 2.0 Mega Pixel Camera

the day before, i was literally 1 click away from paying £629 for a core i3 model with only 3GB and windows 7 home, as i thought that was a pretty good deal.. fortunately i decided against it and cancelled the transaction in case a better offer came up - couldn't believe it when this core i7 one popped up for even less!

Original Poster

ok, back to dell deals for a desktop then! Still don't like the new outlet though.

I built a triple core phenom system for my parents last march when ddr2 was cheap, i had a spare hdd, kb, mouse and monitor so £200ish:
    £50 case with psu, £33 for 2x2gb, £100ish for mobo and cpu, £20 gfx, £10 for kb.

Assembled at mine, installed windows on a sunday arvo at theirs, done.

Original Poster

schizoboy

I built a triple core phenom system for my parents last march when ddr2 … I built a triple core phenom system for my parents last march when ddr2 was cheap, i had a spare hdd, kb, mouse and monitor so £200ish:£50 case with psu, £33 for 2x2gb, £100ish for mobo and cpu, £20 gfx, £10 for kb.Assembled at mine, installed windows on a sunday arvo at theirs, done.

I can't be doing with the hassle tbh - they can pay for one then someone else can sort it if anything goes wrong :-)

I am currently on the hunt for a base unit for my parents

Does it have to be Dell, and what will it be used for, i presume not for gaming? rough budget?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Looking for a mobile phone with a £300 budget22
      2. What is the true cost of 4K HDR home cinema entertainment in 2017?66
      3. Ps4 slim how much should I charge 2nd hand.56
      4. Quidco and new IPAD 'Prevent Cross-Site Tracking'11

See more discussions